CITY OF CONCORD
1950 Parkside Drive, Concord, CA 94519
CONCORD POLICE DEPARTMENT
1350 Galindo Street, Concord, CA 94519
MASSAGE THERAPIST PERMIT APPLICATIONS
Pursuant to CMC Section 18-273, the following procedures have been established to obtain a massage therapist
1. Applicants need to contact the Concord Police Department’s Special Investigation’s Bureau to initiate the application
process. The phone number is (925) 671-5088. Applicants will be provided a packet of materials that explain the
application process in detail.
2. Once an applicant has been approved by the Police Department, they will be directed to the Business License and
Planning Divisions for further review regarding business license and zoning requirements.1
3. Applicants must obtain approval from the Business License and Planning Divisions to complete the application
process. Approval by the Police Department for a massage therapist permit does not constitute an approval by the
Business License and Planning Divisions.
4. Applicants must present this original signed approval from the Police Department to the Business License and
Planning Divisions before their applications will be accepted. Photocopies of this form will not be accepted.
5. This form is only necessary when applicants desire to be an independent contractor and/or opening a new massage
(To be completed by Police Department Personnel Only)
Applicant’s Name: _______________________________________
Business Name: _______________________________________
Proposed Location: _______________________________________
Case Number: _______________________________________
Applicants shall not contact the City of Concord’s Business License or Planning Divisions until their application has been approved by the
Police Department. The Business License and Planning Divisions will not accept applications until Police Department approval has been