There is a new full-time, permanent position available to teach in programmes that prepare people
for further study in nursing, radiography and for careers as professional laboratory technicians.
Applicants must have formal relevant science qualifications, be able to work effectively with
adult learners and have a real passion to help them succeed. Experience in teaching in a tertiary
setting or training others in a laboratory is preferred. Applicants without an adult teaching
qualification must be willing to work toward one.
Reference number: A002-12N
Closing Date: 13 February 2012
Location: Palmerston North
Purpose Statement: To provide high quality delivery of subjects or units of learning as
required of the programme and defined by the curriculum. To
additionally provide such support duties as required maintaining
the effective running of the course, the faculty and UCOL.
Key Accountability Areas:
* Developing and delivering quality courses and materials that meet the defined curricula
* Delivering courses to students in a flexible, professional manner that meets the needs of the
learners and effectively promotes UCOL
* Maintaining own skill set to industry standards and creating effective industry networks to the
advantage of students
* Effectively using resources
* Incorporating UCOL’s strategic goals into course development, delivery and assessment
* A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline that exceeds the technical skill level to be
* Teaching qualifications, preferably for teaching at the tertiary level.
* Either a postgraduate tertiary qualification at Master’s level or actively working towards this
* Relevant industry experience.
* Experience teaching at the tertiary level.
Attributes and Skills:
* An innovative and flexible approach to teaching and meeting student needs through flexible,
professional, and best practice delivery methods.
* Interest and/or experience in the use of technology in teaching.
* A willingness to conduct research and setting personal and professional development goals.
* Cooperatively and effectively working as part of a team.