Thought you knew all there is to know about The Gilbert School?
Here’s your chance to enhance your knowledge and win a prize!
The Gilbert School Website Scavenger Hunt
1. William L. Gilbert is quoted on the website. Find the quote and record it.
2. What year was the Gilbert School founded?
3. How many original trustees were appointed by Mr. Gilbert?
4. How many years of tuition-free education were provided by The Gilbert School to
5. Who is the current Chairman of The W.L. Gilbert School Corporation?
6. Name two things that the money managed by the William L. Gilbert Trust is used for.
7. How many scholarships are currently maintained by the William L. Gilbert Trust?
8. How many credits are required for graduation from The Gilbert School?
9. How many graduates were in The Gilbert School Class of 2003?
10. List four extracurricular activities offered at The W.L. Gilbert School.
11. When does the Leo Club meet?
12. What percentage of the class of 2003 went on to advance schooling?
13. Name the two colleges that The Gilbert School has educational partnerships with.
14. How many academic departments does The Gilbert School have?
15. Who is The Gilbert School School-to-Career Coordinator?
16. How far and in what direction is Winsted from Hartford?
17. Who is the chairperson of the World Language Department?
18. What are the hours of the Library Media Center?
19. Name the four library/media staff members.
20. How many online research databases does The Gilbert School Library offer?
21. Can you access Edline directly from The Gilbert school website?
22. How can you access the library card catalog from home?
23. How many downloadable forms are currently available on the website?
24. What is the name of The Gilbert School athletic field?
25. List the characteristics of “The Spectator” at an athletic event.
26. Who is the Director of Development and Alumni Relations at The Gilbert School?
27. Who are the class officers of the class of 1949?
28. From what area of the website can you link to the Yellow Jacket Summer 2004
29. From what area of the website can you order Gilbert Logo Merchandise?
30. What school event is taking place on March 24, 2005?
Participant’s full name and phone number or e-mail address must be included
on each submission.
All correct entries received by the deadline will be entered into the prize drawing.
Submissions must be postmarked/e-mailed by March 10, 2005.
Mail to: The Gilbert School, 200 Williams Avenue, Winsted, CT 06098
Attention: Jody Pillar
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Winners will be announced on March 31, 2005.
o First Prize: Gilbert School Polo Shirt
o Second Prize: Gilbert Football Season Pass ’05 (Home games)
o Third Prize: Lunch with Mr. Schroeder, Dean of Students