GCSE ICT Revision – Hardware and Software
1. Give a definition of an input device and state 3 Input devices.
2. What data is contained within the magnetic strip on the back of a cash
3. How does an OMR (Optical Mark Reader) read data? Give an example of
where one of these is used.
4. Give a definition of an Output device and state 3 examples.
5. Define what is meant by the term:
6. Name 5 different storage items, e.g. floppy disk. What are the
advantages and disadvantages of these?
7. What 2 pieces of software allow you to manipulate text and images, such
as designing leaflets?
8. What type of image is produced from a paint program and what is the
disadvantage with this type of image?
9. What type of image is produced from a drawing program and what is the
advantage with this type of image?
10. Define the term CAD and state 3 features of this.
11. What is meant by the term Multimedia and give an example of this.
12. Define the term Operating System, and give 3 examples of what an
operating system does.
13. What is meant by the term User Interface and define the three types:
Command Line Interfaces
Menu Driven Interfaces
Graphical User Interfaces