GUIDELINES FOR USE OF TEMPORARY QUARTERS BY MILITARY ID HOLDERS
USCG TRAINING CENTER
CAPE MAY, NJ 08204
PHONE # (609) 898-6922
FAX # (609) 898-6884
1. Assignment of quarters is by application only. The applicant must be a military ID card holder. To request
an application please call the MWR Office at (609) 898-6922 or online at
http://www.uscg.mil/hq/capemay/activeduty/MWR_Program.asp and click Temporary Housing.
2. The applicant must occupy the Temporary Quarters, which he/she is reserving. All guest names must be
listed on the application.
3. The order of priority is: PCS incoming, PCS outgoing, TAD, space available.
4. PCS Arrivals: May reserve up to 2 months prior to arrival (In Season or Off season).
5. Transfer Season (May 15 – Aug. 15) All patrons, with exception of PCS Arrivals, can reserve Temp
Quarters 30 days prior to arrival. Patron must call 72 hours prior to arrival to confirm availability and
reservation. Failing to do so will result in loss of reservation.
6. Off Season (Aug. 16-May 14) All patrons including PCS Arrivals can reserve Temp Quarters with no date
restriction. Credit card needed to hold reservation.
7. All Seasons cancellations must be made one week prior to arrival.
8. Check-in Monday through Friday at the MWR office in the Gymnasium between 1300 and 1530. After
hours and weekend check-in arrangements must be made through the MWR Office prior to arrival.
9. Checkout is between 0800 and 1000 Monday through Friday. Weekend and Holiday check out will receive
special instructions from MWR office.
10. Cancellations: Guest must notify the MWR office of their intentions 72-hours in advance of the reservation
date during In Season and 7 days in advance of the reservation during Off Season or a $25 cancellation fee
will be charged. Refunds for early checkout: Guest must notify the MWR office of their intentions 24-
hours in advance of check- out.
11. No pets are allowed.
12. Smoking is prohibited in temporary quarters.
13. You are responsible to dust, vacuum, mop the floors, clean the bathroom, clean and store all utensils used in
the kitchen, remove the garbage and recyclables, and strip the beds.
If unit not acceptable, the occupant will be responsible for costs incurred for a commercial cleaning service.
If the member fails to pay for the commercial cleaning service, a claim will be processed through the
cognizant legal office.
14. The telephone is available for local calls only. To place calls on base dial the 4-digit extension number. All
preface numbers on the base begin with "898". For calls off of the base, dial "9", wait for a dial tone, and
then the number. To place a collect call or to get connected with the operator dial 9-1-800-collect.