HANOHANO OUTRIGGER CANOE CLUB APPLICATION
Email: Cell phone
Occupation: Birth date:
Person to contact in case of emergency: Phone:
Are you presently in good health? Yes No
Do you have any physical conditions the club should be aware of? Yes No
Do you have any medical conditions the coach should be aware of? Yes No
If yes, what?
Are you taking any medications? Yes No
If yes, what?
Can you swim? Yes No
Tread water over a minute? Yes No
Do you feel comfortable in the ocean? Yes No
Have you ever paddled for another outrigger club? Yes No
If yes, which?
Are you involved in other sports/fitness activities? Yes No
Do you have any experience towing boats/trailers? Yes No
Do you have any emergency medical training? Yes No
If yes, what?
Do you have any experience fundraising? Yes No
What goals and/or expectations do you have of Outrigger paddling?
I have received and understand the HOCC New Member
Manual and Bylaws Yes No
*Available at www.hanohano.com under new paddler information tab.
Hanohano Outrigger Canoe Club appreciates your interest in our organization. The executive board will
consider this application, and will be notified of acceptance status as soon as possible. Thank you.
Hanohano Outrigger Canoe Club Membership Agreement
Association Rules and Policies
All Hanohano Outrigger Canoe Club (HOCC) members:
1. Shall have all required HOCC forms and waivers signed and submitted to and HOCC Board member
prior to any paddling practice or use of club equipment.
2. Shall pay HOCC dues to the Treasurer as scheduled by the Board of Directors.
3. Shall comply with all scheduling, crew selection, or any other organizational decisions made by the
HOCC coaching staff.
4. Shall disclose and inform HOCC coaches of any and all limitations, including physical limitations,
medical and mental health conditions, use of medications (see below) and promise to inform HOCC
of any changes throughout the year.
5. Shall assist with equipment upkeep, race preparation, and HOCC fundraising efforts.
6. Shall NOT assume to borrow, possess, loan out, or “take command” of any equipment or assets that
HOCC either owns of is responsible for, without the expressed permission of either the HOCC Head
Coach or the HOCC President.
7. Shall respect all HOCC equipment and the rights and private property of all HOCC members at all
8. Members may be held liable for any violation of the HOCC bylaws.
1. This Membership Agreement shall be valid only for as long as the paddler remains in good financial
standing and complies with all HOCC rules and policies as outlined in this document and the HOCC
2. Causes for ineligibility to race:
a. The member is delinquent in his/her dues or race fees.
b. The member is suspended by the Executive Board for misconduct during any Club function or
race, which directly reflects on the reputation and image of HOCC.
c. The member fails to meet established insurance requirements.
d. Failure to sign HOCC required forms.
3. Causes for termination of the Membership Agreement:
a. Failure to pay HOCC dues.
b. Failure to comply with the HOCC Bylaws.
c. Any gross insubordination or disrespect shown toward any HOCC member, HOCC officer, or
the SCORA organization.
Dues Structure & Rules
Membership Type Annual Dues Due Date
New Membership Adult $200.00 April 1st 2012
Returning Member Adult $200.00 April 1st 2012
All returned checks will be assessed a $20 administration fee.
Paddler Name (printed)
Parent Signature (if under 18 years old)
Cell Phone: │Home Phone: │Work Phone:
Birthday: │E-mail Address:
Medical/Mental health conditions:
Emergency contact: │Phone: