SHORT TERM RENTAL AGREEMENT
Property Location: 7585 Anderson Drive, Hornby Island, British Columbia
Made and entered on___________________, between Kathleen Inglis ,
hereinafter called OWNER and ________________________, hereinafter called RENTER.
TERMS OF RENTAL AGREEMENT:
Dates and time of RENTER occupancy: From________________To___________
Rental fee of______________ is payable in Canadian Funds which includes a cleaning service
that is responsible for cleaning the house. Renter is asked to wash dishes before leaving
Rental fee is payable in two installments:
1. A deposit of 25% of the rental fee is due on date of booking.
2. Remaining balance is due two weeks prior to rental date
1. If the RENTER cancels more than thirty days prior to the commencement of the
rental, the RENTER’S deposit will be refunded less a $100 cancellation fee If the
RENTER cancels this agreement 30 days or less from the commencement date of the
rental, the RENTER agrees that the deposit will be retained by the OWNER as
compensation for the period of time the premises was withheld from the rental
2. The RENTER understands that check-in time is Saturday at 3p.m., and check-out
time is Saturday at 11 a.m., unless otherwise stipulated.
3. The RENTER agrees to pay the OWNER for any damages to the premises and
property, including, but not limited to, furnishings and household items, which occur
as a result of the RENTER’S occupancy. Damages will not include normal wear and
4. The RENTER may not sublet or transfer this agreement without written consent of
5. The OWNER or designated agent may enter the premises at reasonable times, with or
without notice, for the purpose of making repairs or inspections.
6. If the RENTER violates any of the conditions of this agreement, or limitations
outlined, the OWNER may terminate this agreement and enter the premises by force
or statutory proceedings, in which case any monies paid by the RENTER will be
forfeited by the RENTER as liquidated damages.
7. The OWNER shall not be responsible for any accident or injuries occurring to the
RENTER, or guests of the RENTER, on this property or premises.
8. The RENTER must be present at all times while guests are on the rental property.
9. The OWNER is not responsible for any injuries incurred on the property
10. The RENTER hereby agrees to reimburse the OWNER for any penalty that may be
imposed on the OWNER by any court by reason of any violation upon the premises
through fault of the RENTER therein, his/her family members or guests.
11. The RENTER waives any and all security provisions.
12. The RENTER certifies that he/she has carefully read the limitations the OWNER has
set forth in this contract, including limitations on the number of persons permitted to
occupy the premises (MAXIMUM 8 PERSONS) and RENTER agrees to pay $100
per night for every person exceeding the maximum limit allowed on the rental
property. In the event that it becomes necessary to cancel this agreement, any monies
paid by the RENTER will be forfeited as liquidated damages.
13. The RENTER agrees to comply with the following RULES & REGULATIONS
affecting the area and rental premises.
(a) Smoking is restricted to outdoors in safe areas.
(b) Shooting fireworks or firearms is prohibited.
(c) Occupancy of the premises shall be sufficiently quiet and peaceful, so
as not to disturb other neighborhood residents. VERY IMPORTANT!
(d) Garbage is to be secured by the RENTER in plastic bags and placed in
specified containers as follows: OWNER will advise. Recycle is to be
handled as follows: OWNER will advise.
(e) Linens and towels are provided by the OWNER. Beach towels are not
provided by the OWNER.
(f) OWNER is not responsible for damages to the RENTER’S personal
property resulting from lightning, rain, flood, or other natural disasters.
(g) Keys must be returned to lockbox on outside of house..
(h) Landscaping, gardens, and plantings to be respected.
We are pleased to share our home with you. As 2012 is our second season, we are committed to
making your stay as comfortable as possible, and establishing a returning clientele. Please don’t
hesitate to E-mail with questions regarding accommodations and amenities offered.
MY SIGNATURE CERTIFIES THAT I HAVE READ AND I AM IN AGREEMENT
WITH THE TERMS SPECIFIED IN THIS RENTAL AGREEMENT.
Number of adults in party (including RENTER)_________________________
Number of children and ages________________________________________
Printed name: Kathleen Inglis
Mailing address : c/o Kathy Inglis 5003 44A ave, Delta, B.C. V4K 1E6
Kathy's Cell 604-317-9816
Please sign and return. by mail with deposit. Don’t hesitate to call if you have questions.