Career The Canadian Embassy in
Jakarta; Trade Commissioner
Oil & Gas: Job Vacancy
The Canadian Embassy in Jakarta; Trade Commissioner
Posting date: February 27, 2010 Expiry date: March 08, 2010
The Canadian Embassy in Jakarta, Indonesia is seeking to fill a Trade Commissioner
position on a 1-year term basis, with the possibility of extension at the end of the term.
Under the supervision of the Senior Trade Commissioner of the Embassy s Trade
Commissioner Service, the incumbent will assist and advise Canadian firms in pursuit of
commercial opportunities in Indonesia in the Oil & Gas and Mining sectors or
theInformation and Communications Technologies sector.
Closing Date: March 8, 2010
Starting Annual Salary: IDR 251,517,483
Summary of Duties:
• Provide high-quality and consistent client service in support of Canadian private and
public sector objectives in the Indonesian market by responding to enquiries from
Canadian stakeholders, and offering marketinformation and advice as required.
• Plan and implement promotional activities on behalf of Canadian firms.
• Develop contacts in government and private-sector to facilitate achievement of
Canadian trade objectives.
• Knowledge and/or experience in business development and/or international trade
promotion in Indonesia.
• Undergraduate degree from a recognized university with specialization in a relevant
field of study.
• Business-level fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
• Knowledge of and/or experience in Indonesia in either:
- the Oil & Gas and/or Mining sector, or,
- the Information and Communications Technologies sector.
• Graduate degree from a recognized university with specialization in a relevant field of
• Experience working with Indonesian government officials.
• French language skills.
A full statement of qualifications, conditions of employment, and job profile can be
found on the Embassy website at: www.jakarta.gc.ca, Please send a CV and cover letter
explaining how you meetthe job qualifications by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or by fax to +62-21- 2550-7814