Paul Holtzheimer Welcomes
to his Keller-Williams
Listing and Marketing
If you have ANY questions during this presentation.. Please Ask!
During this presentation
I’ll discuss each of these…
• KELLER WILLIAMS®
• Consultant Vs. Agent
• Key Objectives
• Controlling Factors
•Sources of Buyers
•Preparing for the Offer
•Processing the Sale
About KELLER WILLIAMS® Realty
• Founded in Austin, Texas, over 20 years ago.
• KELLER WILLIAMS® Realty has laid the foundation for agents to
become real estate business people.
• Mo Anderson owned the #3 franchise in the largest real estate company
in the world.
• Gary Keller was chosen by Realtors across the U.S. as one of five of the
“Most Admired” REALTORS® in the nation.
KELLER WILLIAMS® FACTS:
• “Most Innovative Real Estate Company” — Inman News.
• 75,000+ real estate consultants.
• 450+ offices in the U.S. and Canada.
• One of the largest real estate companies in North America.
• In All of the Major Markets. Gary Keller
• Excellence in real estate consultation training. Chairman Of The Board
Notice, Keller-Williams, is number two in the number of days before a home sells.
Next year we plan to be number one!
KELLER WILLIAMS® is in ALL Major Markets
At KELLER WILLIAMS® We Have a
Win-Win — or no deal
Integrity — do the right thing
Commitment — in all things
Communication — seek first to understand
Creativity — ideas before results
Customers — always come first
Teamwork — together everyone achieves more
Trust — starts with honesty
Success — results through people
We Include these in EVERY DEAL!
As shown at the Ski-to-Sea Parade, Keller-Williams
is more than just Realtors, we’re a family, a TEAM!
Our Main Office: 3800 Byron Ave
Bellingham, WA 98229
My Phone: 360 303-4444 --- Paul
My Fax: 360 366-3333
Consultant Vs. Agent
What’s the difference?
• Advises and Consults Functionary (Agent)
• Educates and Guides • Delivers Information
• Involved in • Tells and Sells
Decision Process • Stays out of Process
• Uses Judgment • Follows the Rules
• Almost Irreplaceable
• Very Replaceable
• Adequately Compensated
• Minimally Paid
Who is Paul Holtzheimer ?
Holds Master’s Degree in Political Science
City Planner for Oklahoma City
Marketing Associate w/Major Savings & Loan
Member, Board of Directors, Habitat for Humanity
Certified Graduate of the Advantage System My REALTOR®
Certified as a Talking House Professional Paul Holtzheimer
Education: Marketing, Management, City Government, Computer Science
History: Born in Whatcom County, Lived/Educated in Oklahoma. Lived in
Whatcom County for the past 20+ years
Hobbies: Photography, Music, 19th Century U.S. History, Close-up Magic
Enjoys: Seeing the joy on his clients faces when the deal is done!
In Getting Your Home Sold
• PRICING… your home at the property’s fair market value.
• TIMING… in the desired time period.
• CONVENIENCE… selling your home with
the least amount of hassle!!!
Where do most buyers come from?
Where do the Buyers Come From?
The INTERNET 8%
71% Open Houses
Relocation 2% 9%
Compiled from national surveys whose data is believed to be accurate.
My Marketing Plan
• Targeted Advertising
• To the public
(Talking House, Television, The Real Estate Book, and other publications)
• To the REALTOR® community (flyers, meetings, one on one)
• KELLER WILLIAMS® Professional Real Estate Consultants
• Office Tours
• REALTOR® Open Houses w/Circle Prospecting
• Your home shared on hundreds of Web Sites
• Yard Signs, Flyers, & Mailers
• Highly recognized Red & White signs
• Calls come from my signs
• Post cards and/or Mailings to neighbors
• Multiple Internet Web Sites
• MLS (to be seen by over 20,000!)
• National/International Internet Sites (over 500)
I can show the world your home on
hundreds of Web Sites 24 hours a day
Here Are a Few of the Internet sites I use:
Local Marketing Tools
My marketing publications for your home
www.kellerwilliams.com was developed in 1995, making KELLER WILLIAMS® one of the
first real estate franchises to establish a presence on the World Wide Web.
The Talking House is like having
your agent standing on the sidewalk
talking to people as they drive by.
As potential buyers stop by your home,
they tune their car radios to your own radio
station to hear all about your home:
saves you hassle, time, and keeps
people completely informed about your home…
No More Hassles!
Marketing Your Home
Our Respective Duties
Your Consultant (me) You
• Input your listing to MLS. • Complete all repairs and cleaning.
• Install nationally recognized sign. • “Stage” your home to be appealing.
• Provide information fliers. • Hide valuables (also prescriptions).
• Professional pricing guidance. • Keep marketing information out for
• Prepare advertising. prospective buyers.
• Hold highly attended Open Houses. • Call me if information is depleted.
• Give Feedback on showings. • Leave premises for showings.
• Review contracts and represent you in • Call me with any questions.
negotiations. • Refer friends and acquaintances who
• Guidance in staging your property. might be interested in your property.
• Pre-Qualify Potential Buyers • Refuse to discuss terms with
• Help Arrange Financing for buyers. prospective buyers or their agents.
(Refer them to me, your agent)
What You Do & Don’t Control
• Property Condition
• Availability for Showing
• Home Warranty
Seller Doesn’t Control:
• Buyer’s or Seller’s Market
• Interest Rates
• When The Perfect Buyer
Walks Thru Door
Selling Price Vs. Timing
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
WEEKS ON MARKET
• Timing is extremely important in the real estate market.
• A property attracts the most activity from the real estate community and
potential buyers when it is first listed.
• It has the greatest opportunity to sell when it is new on the market.
• If the home is over-priced it may become stale on the market.
IMPORTANCE OF INTELLIGENT PRICING
ASKING +10% 30% PERCENTAGE
PRICE OF BUYERS
Market Value 60%
As this triangle graph illustrates, more buyers purchase their properties at market value than
above market value. If you price your property at market value, you are exposing it to a much
greater percentage of prospective buyers and you are increasing your opportunity for a sale.
If you price your home above market value, you’ll likely lose money!
It is very important to price your property at a competitive market
value when first signing of the listing agreement. Historically,
your first offer is usually your best offer.
WHAT WHAT WHAT COST
YOU YOU YOU TO REBUILD
PAID NEED WANT TODAY
Buyers & Sellers Determine Value
The value of your property is determined by what a BUYER is willing to pay and a SELLER
is willing to accept in today’s market. Buyers make their pricing decision based on
comparing your property to other property SOLD in your area.
Comparatitive Market Analysis
• Recent Sales
• Current Listings = Competition
• Expired Listings = What has not sold
Focusing On Results
The proper balance of these factors will expedite your sale.
Preparing For The Offer
In a “Buyer’s Market,” offers to purchase routinely come in “low,” whereas
in a “Seller’s Market,” offers are closer to the asking price. Do not be
offended by any offer received. Be offended by buyers who tour your
property and don’t submit an offer.
• ACCEPTANCE. Signed by all parties, dated, delivered… congratulations,
you’re on your way to having your property sold!
• REJECTION. Unconditional… unfortunately, your home is still on the market.
• COUNTER OFFER. Any change to the contract
constitutes a counter offer. You are now in the
• NO ACTION. Equals rejection. Your home is
still on the market.
Home Selling Process
OFFICE GRAPHICS OFFICE TOUR BROKER’S TOUR
MULTIPLE LISTING MLS COMPUTER MLS MEMBERS MLS TOURS
OFFER RECEIVED NET SHEET
OFFER COUNTER OFFER
CONTRACT ACCEPTED EARNEST MONEY
Contract To Close
REJECTION MORTGAGE CO. CREDIT REPORT APPRAISAL
Inspections and potential repairs are the number one reason sales don’t close.
Typically, buyers have a certain number of days in which to inspect the
property and accept or reject the property based upon these mechanical and
structural inspections. Inspectors are supposed to find all the problems!
SELLER BUYER INSPECTOR
SEES THEIR HOUSE SEES YOUR HOUSE SEES THE HOUSE
Save Yourself Time, Money and Disappointment — Do Deferred Maintenance Now!
Home Warranty Plans
Home warranty plans go a long way to alleviate some
risks and concerns. For a modest price, the seller can provide
to the buyer a one year warranty covering specified heating,
plumbing, electrical, water heater or appliance breakdowns.
Coverage under most plans commences at closing. In all
cases, there are important limitations and exclusions
(example: appliances/systems must be operative at
commencement of coverage).
Let me help you sell your home.
I have the experience, the
techniques, the ability, and the
power of Keller-Williams behind
me all the way!
TO GET YOUR HOME…
THANKS! For watching!!
I’m always available at
Learn about Commissions