BOYNE CITY YOUTH FOOTBALL 2011
For those who missed sign-ups there is still time to get your son/daughter enrolled with Boyne City Youth
Follow these four easy steps:
1) Complete the BCYFB Registration Application.
2) If your son/daughter is going into grades 3-7 – complete the Pop Warner Consent Form.
3) If your son/daughter is going into grades 3-7 make a copy of their Birth Certificate.
4) Check the BCYFB web page for information on the Youth Football Camp Aug. 3-4.
*If links do not work go to www.boyne.k12.mi.us and click on the youth football link at the bottom of the page
All completed forms should be turned in with the registration fee of $75 to Boyne City High School – attention David
Hills. A physical must also be on file with Boyne City Public Schools before the participants are eligible to practice.
• PHYSICALS MUST BE TURNED IN (on file with the school) PRIOR TO YOUR CHILD STARTING PRACTICE!
• To facilitate easier communication between our staff and the players’ parents or guardians, we have requested
additional contact information from you. We ask that you include email addresses and phone contact information for
both parents and/or guardians, if possible.
• The registration fee for Boyne Youth Football for 2011 is $75. We are a member of the Lake Michigan Conference
of Middle schools and the Traverse City YMCA Pop Warner. Part of our fees ($45 per player) goes to the YMCA
organization to cover insurance, scheduling, paying referees, etc. The additional $30 covers the use of equipment
for our players and yearly equipment upgrades and replacement.
• The Youth Football Camp at the Boyne City High School is scheduled for August 3 and 4 . Camp
informational/registration brochures will be distributed at sign-ups. This year’s camp is available to anyone entering
• OUR FIRST PRIORITY WILL BE THE SAFETY OF YOUR CHILD!!!
With that in mind, Boyne City Youth Football spends a substantial amount of money each year on equipment and
we greatly appreciate your assistance in keeping track of this equipment throughout the season. Your player will be
issued equipment (helmet, shoulder pads, pants/girdle and soft pads) and will be responsible for replacing any lost
equipment at the end of the year. The only equipment you are responsible to purchase is a pair of football cleats
and a game jersey (for new players’ only – former players will be using their jersey from last year unless you
need a new one).
Division Age Weight Weight (End of Season)
Pee Wee 8, 9, 10 60-108 lbs. 118 lbs.
(older/lighter) 11 60-88 lbs. 98 lbs.
Midget 10, 11, 12 85-138 lbs. 148 lbs.
(older/lighter) 13 85-118 lbs. 128 lbs.
Middle School 13, 14 no weight requirements
On behalf of the entire Boyne Youth Football Program, I want to thank you for making the decision to participate in
our program for the 2011 football season. Our primary focus is to provide a safe and enjoyable opportunity for your
family and instill life long habits such as teamwork, sportsmanship, and physical activity.
David Hills - President
Boyne City Youth Football