DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY MISSIONS (requires a digital camera) GRAPHIC & DIGITAL MEDIA DESIGN MISSIONS
BECOMING A COMMERCIAL PHOTOGRAPHER ZOMBIE COMPOSITING
Experience the life of a commercial photographer. Get introduced to This mission will combine digital photographs, Photoshop manipulation and
the equipment, responsibilities, techniques and career opportunities. compositing, and a little bit of gore to result in one scary picture of...well...YOU.
Go through every step of a commercial photo shoot from start to finish. Operatives undertaking this mission will start with a digital self-portrait, and slowly
Once you have captured your final commercial images now is the time morph themselves into a zombie / human hybrid. Learn the necessary skills to
to make them shine. Students will learn how to bring their photographs create effects which will send you home with a picture of yourself as a creature
into Adobe Photoshop and apply specific techniques that will make a from the dark side.
great shot capture your potential client’s attention and stand out in your
portfolio. Mission Outcomes:
• A new found passion that will bring student’s imagination to life.
Mission Outcomes: • Basic to intermediate skills in Adobe Photoshop as applied to photo
• A CD with a series of pictures that can be framed and hung at home compositing and manipulation.
• A clarity of vision that will allow a student to have insight into a career
as a commercial photographer
INTERIOR DESIGN MISSION
BECOMING A PORTRAIT PHOTOGRAPHER MODERN SPACE INTERIOR DESIGNER
Experience the life of a professional portrait photographer. Get
When you walk into a room, do you see more than just the furniture? Do you find
introduced to the equipment, the style, responsibilities, and career
yourself noticing shapes and colours, forms and balance? Where others see walls
opportunities. Go through every step of a portrait photo shoot from start
and windows, do you see light, flow, transition, form and function? If so, then you
to finish. Once you have captured your final portraits now is the time
sound like the perfect creator for this mission. In this mission you will customize
to make them shine. Students will learn how to bring their photographs
a personal space. Personalize and evolve the space through your choices of
into Adobe Photoshop and apply specific techniques to flatter your
furniture, colours, palette and materials. At the end of the Bootcamp, you will
subject and make a great shot have that ‘wow’ factor.
have a concept board of your presentation, and will pitch your proposed design
Mission Outcomes: ideas to a jury. If you’re looking to venture out into the Interior Design world, you
won’t want to miss this fantastic opportunity to work with our experienced and
• A CD with a series of pictures that can be framed and hung at home dynamic interior designers, here at the Centre.
• A clarity of vision that will allow a student to have insight into a career
as a professional portrait photographer Mission Outcomes:
• A concept board with your creative vision for the space.
FINE ART PHOTO MONTAGE • Floor plan of the space you created.
• Sample of materials collected for your final presentation.
Experience the life of a fine art photographer, training your artistic eye as
you learn the camera. Go through every step in a fine art photograph from
conceptualization to capture, with an emphasis upon creativity, experimentation
and exploration. Once you have captured your images you will learn how to Digital Bootcamp: Role call
bring them into Adobe Photoshop and combine them creating a photographic
montage. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced artist, you’ll be able to Monday, March 26th
extend your technical skills and build confidence in your creative ability.
8:30 - 9:30 Orientation
Mission Outcomes: 9:30 - 12:00 Class
12:00 - 1:00 Lunch
• A GIG stick with a series of pictures that can be framed and hung at home. 1:00 - 4:00 Class
• A new found passion that will bring a student’s photograph to life.
Tuesday, March 27th
THE PERFECT PHOTOGRAPH 9:00 - 12:00 Class
Taking just the right photograph requires a highly trained operative. 12:00 - 1:00 Lunch
During this mission learn how to prepare, capture and finish off the ideal 1:00 - 4:00 Class
picture. Teaching technical elements, design concepts and computeraided 6:00 - 9:30 Crazy Fun Evening Event
finesses, this workshop will turn you into a camera-wielding wonder!
Whether taking a casual portrait, or composing a conceptual masterpiece
Wednesday, March 28th
- learn all of the tricks to compiling a work of art through the lens. This
mission is made for eager shutterbugs with an eye for the still shot, that 9:00 - 12:00 Class The Centre for Arts and Technology
want to challenge themselves to capture the unspoiled moment in a 12:00 - 1:00 Lunch
distinctive way. 1:00 - 4:00 Class Suite 100 – 1632 Dickson Avenue
6:00 - 9:30 Crazy Fun Evening Event: The Sequel
Mission Outcomes: Kelowna, BC, V1Y 7T2
• One printed Perfect Photograph to accompany your mission photos on a DVD Thursday, March 29th Ph: 250.860.2787
• A new found passion that will bring a student’s photograph to life Toll Free: 1.866.860.2787
9:00 - 12:00 Class
12:00 - 1:00 Lunch
1:00 - 4:00 Class 1577 Barrington Street
4:00 - 6:00 Open House Halifax, NS, B3J 1Z7
Toll Free: 1.866.429.1847
130 Carleton St
Fredericton, NB, E3B 3T4
Toll Free: 1.877.369.1888
3D ANIMATION MISSIONS AuDIO ENGINEERING MISSIONS DIGITAL FILMMAKING MISSIONS
Duty calls 2D ANIMATOR – CLASSICAL ANIMATION DIGITAL MUSIC PRODUCTION AND PERFORMANCE FRONTLINES: DOCUMENTARY FILM CREW
No pushups, no obstacle courses, just pure awesomeness. Want to find You have to learn to walk before you can run…. and in animation you have to Ready to spin some sick beats? Do you dream of being the next Deadmau5? Ever watch the local news and wonder how much work goes into the stories
learn to draw before you can digitize! Come and develop your drawing skills and Introducing students to the dynamic music genres of House music, Dubstep and you see? The answer is a lot. In this mission the crew will create a documentary
out more about your career in digital arts and entertainment? This multi- flex your imagination in the 2D Animation world. Learn the fundamentals and Hip Hop this intense DJ orientated mission will have each student creating their chronicling all the events at Bootcamp 2011. Conduct interviews, capture the
day, jam-packed adventure is a combination of education and hands-on principles of classical hand-drawn animation as a stepping stone to the wider own digital music from scratch. Using plugins and sound banks students will behind-the-scenes footage, and reveal the secrets on set. Learn how to tell the
experience for those in Grade 10, 11, or 12 with a passion for the digital world of 3D Animation. This intense mission, led by our seasoned instructors, will learn to manipulate sound and understand the creative process behind producing story behind the story in this reality-style camp. This mission is not for the faint of
arts. Students will take part in a designated Bootcamp mission that help you to develop the master skills needed to create a classic animated short for complete tracks. In addition students will create their own set list that they will heart as the blood is real in this rogue shoot (and by real, we mean fake).
will allow students to test drive the digital arts program of their choice. your budding portfolio. Next stop, Disney Studios! perform at the Wednesday ‘Crazy Fun Evening Event’. Not a mission for those
Taught by our professional instructors, and coupled with great food suffering from stage fright! Mission Outcomes:
and evening activities, Bootcamp is truly a not to be missed hands-on • Your documentary movie masterpiece on DVD
Mission Outcomes: Mission Outcomes:
Students will work on four basic concepts
• One complete Classical Animation Anijam film made by the entire class on DVD
• A series of hand drawn classical animation drawings on 12 field 18lb animation • Digital Sound Creation and Arrangement ROOKIE SQUAD FILMSHOOT
paper (100-120 drawings) • Mixing and Editing If you’re interested in film but are lacking the experience then the rookie mission is
Here’s why YOU should attend: •
Mastering the final project
right up your alley. This intense filmmaking experience will have you working within
the entire film production model; from script re-writes to pre-production, from
1. YOU will work individually or as a team to create a portfolio piece with other CHARACTER ANIMATION acting to shooting to editing and finally screening on the last day. If you’re looking
students who share your passion and interests. Have you ever wanted your own personal actor to boss around, do what you say, RECORDING AN INDIE RECORD to test drive a dynamic filmmaking career then this is your starting point. Move
when you want and how you want? Well now’s your chance! over Spielberg.
2. YOU will experience education that is an essential part of career planning for If you constantly have music on the mind then this mission is made for you.
...in 3D of course.
professions in the digital arts and entertainment industry. The Centre’s updated recording studio will partner you and a band to create a Mission Outcomes:
Based on the fundamental principles of animation, this Boot Camp will ground unique vibe, and to drop a legendary track. Do your part in cutting bed tracks, • Your movie masterpiece on DVD
3. YOU will increase your employability skills by experiencing an industry-like
you in the technical and creative process of animating characters in Autodesk overdubbing, and mixing the sound. Operatives take note; this duty is not as easy
setting working with professionals, staff, and other students. Ask your school
Maya. Starting with the bouncing ball and ending with a full blown walking, talking as you think…
counselor about how to apply Bootcamp hours to career programs at your
character you will work with a seasoned 3D animator to create the illusion of life. SPECIAL FORCES FILMSHOOT
secondary school. Mission Outcomes:
To become an animator, you yourself must be animated. Veterans Only in this Special Forces Film Mission; You’ve been in the trenches and
4. YOU will learn about industry standards that include software, equipment and
Students will work on four basic concepts in the studio:
have the scars to prove that you know how to make a cinematic masterpiece. It
Mission Outcomes: • Recording Overdubs, Multi-tracking also helps if you have had a chance to build experience through training at your
• A slick DVD with the complete render of your moving and talking character • Editing and Mixing using various Digital Signal Processing plug-ins and high school film program…
Here’s why YOU should NOT attend: CREATURE SCULPTING WITH ZBRUSH:
• Mastering the final project and burning it to disc This mission will have you shooting an entire short film in four action-packed days.
• Tracking bed tracks, from microphone setup to placement It’ll be up to you to combine your skills with our high end equipment and facilities
1. YOU are not in grade 10, 11, or 12. GOOD vs. EVIL to produce a top notch film that will be screened during the open house at the end
2. YOU were recently involved in a laboratory experiment giving you Are you the creator of heroes or villains? Maybe you prefer the handsome space RECORDING AN INDIE RECORD: of Bootcamp. Bring your ammo.
superhuman powers and your new destiny is to fight evil wherever it may lurk. adventurer or possibly the nasty, spiky, alien with acid for blood? Maybe you favor WRITING, RECORDING & COMPOSITION Mission Outcomes:
the werewolf who can’t keep his shirt on or alternately the tall pale vampire with
3. YOU are a vampire. Bootcamp takes place during the day which means you’ll a hairstyling issue? Whatever you want to create, ZBrush is your tool! ZBrush Assemble with a creative group of singers and songwriters to develop and • Your movie masterpiece on DVD
either be sleeping or sparkling like a thousand diamonds. Both unacceptable. is a next generation 3D modeling and texturing program that gives the user an produce a track in the Centre’s top-notch studios. Over the 4 day workshop,
extreme level of control in creating richly detailed digital models and sculptures. move through preproduction methods - using your own material - and leave the
4. YOU…are….umm… There are no other reasons!
Using a pressure sensitive tablet, operatives undertaking this mission will be taken
through the complete process of organic sculpting within the new subdivision
centre with your very own EP. This is the forum for your musical genius to come
NETWORK SECuRITY SPECIALIST MISSION
How to Apply: surface modeler. This specialized mission will explain Pixologic’s 2.5d ‘pixol’
technology; how to easily generate elements within ZBrush for use in art or Mission Outcomes: COUNTER HACKING OPERATIVE 101
1. Review the mission / course outlines. illustration work. Students will work on four basic concepts in the songwriting process: Can you text, tweet, facebook, rebuild your laptop, program the PVR, download
• Pre Production Planning – Songwriting workshop Journey’s Greatest Hits and chew gum all at the same time? Are you a super
2. Fill in the application form provided. Get all that? Basically you’re working with a virtual lump of clay that you can use • Laying down the bedtracks tech-savvy operative looking to put your hacking skills to work for the greater
3. Mail in your application with a cheque or money order for $100 to sculpt your very own hero or villain…or both! • Vocal tracking – Perfecting the take good of mankind? Then the Network Security Mission is for YOU.
• Mastering the track
($120 after Dec 31st, 2011) prior to the deadline date. Mission Outcomes: Individuals undertaking this mission will be trained as Counter Hacking Operatives
who will be able to stay one step ahead of the enemy. Operatives will get hands-
• At least one complete creature created and designed and burned to DVD SOUND EFFECTS FOR MOVIES on experience surveying the techniques of forensic investigation on computer
• A unique sense that you can now create your own race of creatures and work
Application deadline is February 25th, 2012. Register early to qualify In the Centre’s sophisticated editing studio we will be cutting raw sound effects crimes and stop hackers from stealing personal/corporate information. Fatigues
towards your ultimate goal of world domination
for the discounted rate. A non-refundable ‘early bird’ registration fee of to support an animation or film to create a surreal sonic experience. Learn to optional.
$100 ($120 after December 31st, 2011) and a completed application construct the true cinematic experience for viewers by designing and adding in the
form must be received by the school in order to reserve a seat. Seats are DEATHMATCH ARENA: FPS CHALLENGE audio that brings a film to life. From car chases to foot-steps in post-production Mission Outcomes:
reserved on a first come, first serve basis with first priority given to Grade Do you ever feel like you are in a video game? If so, then this mission is designed audio, learn the secrets that pull all the visual elements together and give them • An appreciation for security and forensics in IT
11 & 12 applicants. The application fee covers the cost of most class JUST for you. Jump into the 3D gaming world and learn how to model levels and existence. • Hands-on experience on protecting your computer/network from Hackers
materials, a Bootcamp Survival Kit and lunch for four days. create a playable DeathMatch game before you leave. Become a master of the • Unique knowledge of the various areas of IT security and fighting back
Mission Outcomes: techniques
Hammer Interface during this mission. Video game addicts, this is the place for
Students will work on four basic concepts in the songwriting process:
Full Time Programs Starting: • Formatting a spotting sheet
January, April, July and October Starts:
This mission will end with all out warfare between rival squadrons – so bring your • Seeking out and editing Sound FX FASHION DESIGN & MERCHANDISING MISSION
A-GAME! • Recording Dialogue
• 3D Animation
• Mixing Sound Track to Picture FASHION DESIGN WORKSHOP
• 3D Game Animation From the drawing board to the runway this fashion mission will whip you into
• A playable DeathMatch level for each student showcasing the latest source
• Audio Engineering designer shape! Learn the cut-throat business, be the first to discover new trends,
flex your drawing muscles, and show off your creative skills with a Project Funway
• Digital Filmmaking
Finale. Learn trade secrets from professional designers at the 4 day long fashion
• Digital Photography event for the true lover of all things fabulous. Join the Centre and strut your stuff!
• Event and Promotions Management
• Graphic and Digital Media Design
• Interior Design • Illustration Mastery
• Project Funway
• Fashion Design & Merchandising
• That ‘Diva’ attitude
• Network Security Specialist