18 Conway Drive mobile: 07986 360 920
Ashford email: email@example.com
SECURITY CLEARED since December 2002 with O2 [Airwave] - contact Sue Richmond 01753 628 160
URL’s see: http://www.e-marketing.org.uk
Certified Internet Web Master - Sylvan Prometric tested
Masters in Development Studies -Staffordshire University - Awarded full scholarship
BA (Hon’s) International Relations with Computer Studies - Staffordshire University - 2.1
HND Marketing, Business & Finance
Employment and Achievements
April 2007 – Gravytrain Ltd – Pay Per Click Account Manager [full-time]
Role: I head up a PPC team of three. Our industry verticals include: insurance, financial investment,
property investment, charity jobs, telephone call services, automotive and search engine marketing. The
channels I work with are Google, Yahoo, MSN, Miva, and Mirago. My responsibility includes running PPC
campaigns, writing proposals, creating accounts, keyword research, competitor analysis, creating ads,
controlling the budgets, producing financial reports, providing feedback using Google Analytics, and
regularly liaising with the customers.
June 2004 – April 2007 Glass’s – Search Engine Marketer [full-time]
Role: This position involves working closely with the Marketing department on search engine optimisation,
pay per click campaigns and providing advice on e-marketing trends and strategy. I maintain and develop
five B2B and B2C Internet sites and create web applications when required for both the internet and
SEO: This role involves search engine optimisation by applying on-page SEO factors [modifying the meta
tags, title tag, internal links, keyword density etc] and off-page SEO factors such as XML sitemaps,
publishing articles, and link building. The process is honed by keyword gap analysis, monitoring search
engine ranks, competitor benchmarking, keyword research, and analysing user behaviour. Following on-
page optimisation the following keywords were in the top 10 of the organic searches on Eurotaxglass’s –
vehicle valuations, motorcycle values, caravan values, commercial vehicle values.
Motorcycle values 1 of 1,600,000 Google
Caravan values 1 of 1,020,000 Google
Commercial vehicle values 1 of 2,270,000 Google
Value assessor 1 of 1,370,000 Google
Vehicle valuations 4 of 1,160,000 Google
PPC: I am also responsible for the Pay Per Click [PPC] campaigns with the objective of increasing our
return on investment at the lowest cost per click. Prior to a product launch I work closely with the marketing
department to harmonise our online and offline PR efforts. This has involved the publication of articles and
the use of forums. Owing to the success of the PPC campaigns the budget was increased from £25,000 to
£100,000 p.a. in 2006.
Glass.co.uk – monthly figures
Conversion rate % ROI %
Google 18 52
Yahoo 15 40
Miva 13 39
MSN 14 40
By regularly tweaking campaigns by adding keywords, adding negative words, and changing the advertising
text the Glass.co.uk campaign has had an increase in CTR and conversions but had a decrease in CPC. In
2004 the CTR was 3% which has gradually risen to 13% with a reduced CPC from £0.20 to £0.15. Our
average conversion rate on Glass.co.uk has increased from 5% in 2004 to 16% in 2006.
WEB MASTER: I use Google’s web Analytics to analyse SEO changes and to monitor usability issues. Up
until 2006 we also used Web Trends. My role has involved ad-hoc projects such as rebuilding the corporate
website, building micro sites, and developing web application for the business, e.g. a site that tracks
Skills Applied: E-Marketing, pay per click advertising, search engine optimisation, web development,
project management, usability issues, web Server administration.
Tools Used: Google Adwords, Yahoo Search, Miva, Mirago, MSN, WordTracker, SoloSEO, ASP.Net 2.0,
Visual Studio .Net 2003 & 2005, HTML, DHTML, Classic ASP, WebTrends, Web Analytics,
Dreamweaver MX, Photoshop 7.0, SQL Server 2005, SMTP, JMail, Ad-rotator, Sparklit, IIS 5 & 6,
April 2003 – May 2004 Fujitsu [RAF Strike Command] – SECURITY CLEARED - Webmaster
- Managed a team of three web developers providing web development/design skills on ad hoc
- Project managed the redesigned & restructured the RAF CCIS intranet site.
- Provided second line support on Web Server issues during operation Optelic.
- Provided Photoshop and Dreamweaver training to the team.
Projects: typically worked on ASP sites providing additional functionality for the user so that they could
add their own content to their site. The majority of these sites used their own Access databases however one
or two used SQL Server 7.0. One project required a self-maintaining web site that could very easily be
directory structure and then enable the user to click on this structure to drill down to the file they required.
Skills Applied: Web development, web design, project management, web Server administration &
replication, general support skills, content management, training.
Feb 2003 – April 2003 Christian Aid – Web Support Officer [CONTRACT]
- Web Development (programming, testing, analysing) for a team of content managers.
- General web Support for customers of the ISP - http://www.fish.co.uk/.
- General Maintenance of the organizations branded web sites: http://www.globalgang.org.uk/
Project: Manipulating Perl and CGI scripts for tracking users and for enabling them to email pages.
Nov – Dec 2002 O2 Airwave - SECURITY CLEARED - Webmaster/Developer [CONTRACT]
- Delivered a new intranet site to the business using ASP and SQL Server 7.0 that enabled the super
users to maintain their own site without using additional tools.
- Designed and delivered a Dreamweaver training course to the super users so that they could build
Feb – Dec 2002 [on a Ad hoc basis] Hotelsbyphone – Web Designer/Developer [CONTRACT]
- Designed, built and managed a specialised Hotel Internet site that used ASP with a MySQL
backend. Organised the SEO for the site.
- I also provided a Dreamweaver training course for the super user.
Skills Applied: Content management, Project Management, SEO, CSS, ASP, and hand coding in html &
July – Aug 2002 Royal Mail Group – Web Designer [CONTRACT]
- Carried out In-depth heuristic evaluations on Royal Mail's Sales and Customer Support intranet
site for ways of improving the availability and accessibility of business critical information. The
specific areas looked at were: statistical monitoring of key audiences, personalisation of the user
interface, improving interactivity, off-line access for mobile workers, improving content
management, and on-line training. Analysed the Pensions website as part of a phased re-design.
- Content management of several intranet sites
- Produce PowerPoint presentations for internal business clients.
Skills Applied: Heuristic Evaluation, hand coding html, usability analysis, and content management
April – May 2002 Hammersmith Amateur Regatta - Web Designer/Developer [CONTRACT]
- Design, built and managed this rowing site.
- Organised the online marketing of the site: set up a sponsorship deal with Fullers Brewery and
dealt with the site optimisation.
Skills Applied: Content management, Project Management, SEO, E-marketing, CSS, and hand coding in
Sept 1999 - Dec 2001 BCA Interactive - HTML Developer/Web Designer
- Design and build robust HTML templates & style sheets.
- Worked closely with the marketing department to produce e-marketing items such as: advertising
banners, buttons, html emails and splash page offers.
- Provided back up to the Site Managers by contributing to the editorial content and resolving
HTML build problems.
Skills Applied: hand coding html, CSS, content management, usability & design
March 1995 - September 1999 Medecins Sans Frontieres IT Officer
- Monitor the operation and performance of MSF UK’s Network, backup resources, identifying
areas of improvement and undertaking problem resolution to software and hardware.
- Responsible for the management of 4 voluntary workers.
- Identify areas for IT training for office employees and recommend suitable training courses. Where
appropriate providing training to staff and volunteers.
Skills Applied: NT4 Administration, training, supervision, project management
ASP .Net, C#
Hobbies And Interest
Travelling to exotic locations.
Dynamic apnea, running & cycling
Painting and drawing in acrylics and watercolours.