CARPET AND UPHOLSTERY CLEANERS
CARPET SHAMPOOS SPOT AND STAIN REMOVER
AIRX 80 AIRX 83
Airx 80 is a low foam concentrate that cleans and de- Airx 83 Peroxide Stain Remover is a convenient, ready
odorizes in one step. For use with all models of car- to use, hydrogen peroxide based formula that is effective
pet extraction or “steam cleaning” equipment. Con- on most of the toughest stains, oils, and greases. The per-
tains a blend of non-caustic builders to produce mild oxide action provides the unique ability to deodorize and
but effective cleaning. Fortified with airicide to neu- remove stains caused by pet soils, vomit and spoiled food.
tralize unpleasant odors. Contains built-in defoamers Dilution: RTU.
and optical brighteners. Dilution: 1:64.
Airx 81 is a water based concentrated liquid alkaline SUPER D-FOAM
detergent designed to pre-clean and deodorize heav-
ily soiled carpets prior to extraction or deep steam Super D-Foam is a highly concentrated, highly effective
cleaning. Contains builders, detergents, water soften- defoamer that can be used in conjunction with any type
ers, solvents, odor counteractants and optical bright- of defoaming operations. A silicone defoamer for extrac-
eners. Dilution: 1:4. tion tanks and vac tanks where foam must be eliminated.
Airx 82 is carpet cleaning chemical that cleans better
and dries faster than competitive products. Its unique
technology eliminates the sticky residue that often
causes resoiling. By preventing resoiling it lengthens
the time between cleaning. Airx 82 is great for bon-
net cleaning, brush applications, extraction, rotary
shampooing and spot cleaning. Dilution: 1:64.
W.E. Greer Ltd. Product Reference Guide
CARPET CARE PROGRAM
Carpets are a little more tricky than hard floors, since they have three dimensions to take into consideration rather than just two: width,
length, and depth in the form of the carpet pile. Dirt gets trapped inside of carpet fibres, and if not taken care of properly, will quickly bring
down the quality of appearance in your facility. Keep on top of issues by performing regular maintenance tasks, and make sure to remove
spots and stains as they occur, to keep the dirt from setting.
REMOVING SPOTS AND STAINS
Alternately blot and drench area with water as soon
as possible after occurrence.
Airx 83 will remove both water based and oil based
spots. Blot the spot, spray with Airx 83, allow it to
sit for 5 minutes, blot the spot again, and vacuum
If spots from organic matter remain, redo with Airx
65. Do not rinse until spot is gone.
PREPARING HEAVY SOILED AREAS
Dilute Airx 81 with water in a ratio of 1:4.
With sprayer set half way between mist and coarse BONNET CLEANING
stream, spray solution to dampen soiled areas.
Whichever system is used, first vacuum carpet
Allow treated areas to stand undisturbed about 10 thoroughly and clean spots and stains.
minutes to penetrate and loosen soil.
For light soil and quick drying, spray bonnet and an
area of carpet about 10’ x 10’. Lightly buff treated
area. Turn bonnet frequently when dirty.
For heavier soil use with two buckets. #1 with Airx
Vacuum thoroughly. Where needed, spot clean and
82, diluted 1:32 with water, and #2 with Airx 82
pretreat soiled traffic areas (see above).
diluted 1:64 for rinsing the bonnet.
Mix cleaner accurately by adding it to the water.
Diluted bonnet cleaning solution may be dispensed
Airx 80 and Airx 82 is diluted 1 part into 64 parts
through a flow through pad driver.
Allow carpet to dry thoroughly before replacing
Foam from products used previously may indicate
furniture and before opening area to traffic.
need for defoamer. Super D-Foam is an ideal
product to use.
Overlap each path of the machine slightly, but make FINAL RINSE AND CONDITION
only one pass in each direction when injecting the
cleaner. Dilute Brown Out into water at a ratio of 2-3 oz per
Avoid over wetting carpet during cleaning.
Add solution to supply tank of extraction machine
and proceed as you would with a regular extraction
If you have high pile carpet, before dry, brush carpet
in one direction with stiff brush or carpet rake.
Vacuum thoroughly before shampooing. Spot clean
and pretreat soiled traffic areas.
Scrub with Airx 82 soil resistant shampoo. Mix at a
ratio of 1:32 with water.
Optional: It is good practice to finish with an
Carpet & Upholstery
• Single nozzle spray system allows for even
coverage over the cleaning path
• Optional kit for hard floor scrubbing
• 5 gallon solution tank
• 12 inch cleaning path
• Single spray jet technology allows for even
coverage over cleaning path
• Integrated onboard spotting and upholstery
tool on XP and FLX models
• Low moisture and restorative cleaning SPECIALTY MACHINES
available on 16XP and 18FLX
• 1.5 three stage vacuum motor
• 117 inches of waterlift, 50 foot (15m) cord ADPHIBIAN™
• Brush and vacuum shoe removed without
tools • Full function extractor and scrubber with
AXP™ Onboard Detergent Dispensing
AQUAPLUS™ AND AQUAPLUS™ AXP System
• Single deck, less than 30 seconds to change
• AXP™ Onboard Detergent Dispensing from extracting to scrubbing
System on AXP model • CRI SOA Approved Deep Cleaning
• LIFT™ technology for low-moisture Extractor in both LIFT™ low-moisture and
cleaning restoration cleaning modes
• One-Touch™ operation • Dual, anti-microbial counter rotating
• Deep Treat™ cleaning for pre-spray and brushes with debris collection hopper
post cleaning treatment • Brushes, squeegee and vacuum shoes are
removable without tools
• Total Carpet Care System
• 28 inch cleaning path • Durable rotocast Polyethylene stackable
• 28 gallon solution and recovery tanks blower with a 0.5 hp motor
• 4 cleaning modes — Dry-sweep, Interim, • 3 speed settings to select the right amount
Pre-Treat, Restorative of air movement
• Onboard open chemical system • Blower can be angled in three different
• Brushes and vacuum shoes are removable positions to direct air as needed
without tools • 25 foot power cord to reach those distant
• Superior 63 inch (160 cm) turning radius outlets
• 65 dB A sound level
QUESTIONS? CALL OUR SERVICE
PORTABLE EXTRACTORS DEPARTMENT AT 1-866-722-9144
• Clear recovery tank with 2 dumping ports
• Exhaust air is filtered for maintaining
indoor air quality
• Optional cart is designed with a tray and
holds cleaning accessories
• 13 gal solution and 10 gal recovery tank
• Single 3-stage vac motor, 137 inch waterlift
• 100 psi or 400 psi pump choice
• Instantaneous heat (100H and 400H models)
• Circuit Finder for dual plug on Heater models
• Available with AquaWand or Stainless Steel
• A variety of accessories and options available
W.E. Greer Ltd. Product Reference Guide
CANISTER VACUUMS SINGLE-MOTOR UPRIGHT VACUUMS
EUROCLEAN GD930 RELIAVAC® 12 AND 12DC
• 1,000 Watt, 1.4 hp motor • 12 inch path is cleaned with a durable steel
• 74 cfm airflow brush roller
• 3 gallon dust bag capacity • ReliaVac® 12 top fill bag enhances
• Five stage filtration system vacuum power
• 50 ft cord • ReliaVac® 12DC model has an easy to
empty dirt cup
CANISTAR® • Removable clear fan cover allows for
identifying and removing clogs
• Super quiet sound level for daytime clean-
ing - 53 dB A SPECTRUM™ 12P AND 15P
• 1,100 Watt motor for superior suction and
cleaning performance • 11.5 or 14.5 inch cleaning path
• Built with serviceability in mind to provide • Powerful 1,000 Watt, 2-stage motor
the lowest total cost of ownership • Adjustable brush height
• Full complement of tools for commercial • Certified HEPA filtration standard
cleaning tasks • Tools-free removable brush
• Available HEPA filtration • Heavy duty cord restraint
• Convenient front handle for lifting
VP300 / GD110 • Accessories are conveniently tucked
• 900 Watt motor, 69 dB A sound level • Sealed, maintenance-free cog belt
• Filter basket standard for bagless operation
• Three levels of filtration standard
• 33 foot cord, rotating dust brush and crev- DUAL-MOTOR UPRIGHT VACUUMS
ice tool stored onboard
• Telescopic aluminum wand optional
SPECTRUM™ 15D AND 18D
• 14.5 or 17.5 inch cleaning path
• Separate vacuum and brush motors for a
• 1,350 Watts of power with combination of
independent brush and vacuum motors
• Adjustable brush height with low brush
height indicator light
• Certified HEPA filtration standard
• Tools-free removable brush
• Heavy duty cord restraint
• Convenient front handle for lifting
• Accessories are conveniently tucked
BACKPACK VACUUMS behind wand
• Sealed, maintenance-free cog belt
ADGILITY™ 6XP AND 10XP
• Comfortable, lightweight design
• Powerful 1,300 Watt motor
• Premium harnessing system VACRIDE™
• Quiet 62 dB A sound level
• Cord restraint clips onto the safety • Side broom creates 34 inch (86 cm) clean-
cord and holds it in place ing path
• Exhaust port directs warm air up and • 28 inch (71 cm) dual counter rotating
away from the operator brushes
• SaniSeal™ self-sealing adhesive rim • Dual vacuum motors with Quiet Mode
on bag seals to contain all dust and provide superior suction and dirt pickup
dirt • Includes detail wand
• Four levels of filtration, HEPA filter • Dual HEPA filters protect indoor air quality
• 7.8 gallon capacity dual layer disposal bag
• Optional 20 foot (6 m) hose with S-Wand,
tools and caddy
Carpet & Upholstery
Agility 6XP/10XP 491471058500 Vacuum Bags 6XP, 10/pk GD110 495304 Vacuum Bags, 10/pk
491471097510 Vacuum Bags 10XP, 10/pk 491408003000 Combo Tool
491471104500 HEPA Filter AG1407990020 Hose
1471095500 Prefilter AG1408025000 Prefilter
1471089500 Exhaust Filter
GD111 491408618000 Vacuum Bags, 10/pk
Agility Hip Vac 495301 Vacuum Bags
GD930 495305 Vacuum Bags, 10/pk
Backvac XP 495028 Vacuum Bags, 5/pk 491407087500 Combo Tool
4912018501 Combo Tool AG1402782500 Hose
AG22199500 Hose AG1403260500 Paper Filter, 5/pk
AG100960 HEPA Filter, 2/pk AG1401515500 Foam Filter
Spectrum 491471058500 Vacuum Bags, 10/pk
Canistar 495025 Vacuum Bags, 5/pk
491408492510 Combo Tool Quickstar 495025 Vacuum Bags, 5/pk
AG12018001 Hose 491408492510 Combo Tool
AG1408436500 Paper Filter, 5/pk AG12018001 Hose
AG1408435500 Foam Filter 491470678500 Dry Filter Basket
AG1408551500 Motor Filter AG1470670500 Motor Protection Filter
495042 HEPA Filter
Carpetwin 14 495075 Vacuum Bags, 10/pk QUESTIONS? CALL OUR SERVICE
AG646888 Filters, 5/pk DEPARTMENT AT 1-866-722-9144
MAINTENANCE ON CARPET EQUIPMENT
• Clean and remove any debris from the pick-up tool and/or • Check vacuum bag and replace when it is 3/4 full or less.
shoe • Check the hoses for clogs
• Clean debris off the brush
• Clean dome where hoses go into the machine Weekly:
• Remove dirty water from recovery tank and rinse
• Remove and clean the beater bar (if applicable) with a razor
• Wipe the electrical cord
or pair of scissors
• Wipe the outside of the machine with a clean damp towel
• Remove any debris build-up from the brush housing
• Check the brush belt for wear and replace if necessary
• Clean the solution filter
• Clean the ball float assembly • Check the cord and plug for damage and replace if necessary
• Check solution valve / spray nozzle and lubricate if necessary
• Have W.E. Greer Ltd. come in and perform a detailed Pro-
grammed Maintenance call.
W.E. Greer Ltd. Product Reference Guide
ANATOMY OF A CUSTODIAL CLOSET
The custodial closet is often put on the bottom of a very long list 4. Keep things tidy and clean. Rinse out mops and buckets,
of to-dos, but a tidy and organized closet will keep costs down by clean brooms, and sinks and floors, and rinse out and wipe
minimizing over-stock, and increasing worker efficiency. down cleaning equipment. This will help to keep germs at bay.
Replace mops, cloths and tools as they become worn - there is
So what do you need to do to make your custodial closet the very no point in cleaning with an old or dirty tool. Put the custodial
best it can be? Follow these tips: closet on the maintenance schedule to ensure it gets cleaned
regularly. A neat and tidy closet sets the standard for the rest
1. Streamline your chemical and tool selections. Let us help of the building.
you create a cleaning program, and then use that program to
create a streamlined list of items you will need in your closet. 5. Make the custodial closet the central point for maintenance
Purge any items you no longer use. Have a min-max inventory processes. Labels can be used to define chemical usage, and
order form, or have us set you up on a vendor managed system your Greer process wall charts can be mounted as references
to keep your quantities just large enough to supply your staff for maintenance staff.
between restocking days.
6. Keep the custodial closet focused. Move items unrelated to
2. Use a dilution control system. Keep the cost of chemicals un- custodial duties to other storage areas. For example, paints,
der control, and minimize messy and unsafe chemical mixing oils and other flammables should not be kept around cleaning
by using a dilution control system. Not just for the big compa- chemicals.
nies anymore, these handy dispensers are compact and can be
mounted on a wall to keep clutter to a minimum. 7. Protect your investment. Limit access to the custodial closet
and keep track of inventory to prevent theft.
3. Organize your closet for maximum safety and efficiency.
Hang items such as mops, brooms and vacuums. Use metal Following these tips will keep your custodial closet in peak form,
racking to store cleaning chemicals and paper rather than keep- and make a little space go a long way.
ing things in boxes. This will keep tools handy, minimize floor
clutter, and keep mold and mildew down. Order the products
on shelves by task and type. Keep heavy items lower to prevent
injury. Finally, label everything, and keep MSDS sheets close
to the products for quick and easy reference.
FLOOR SCUFFS CARPET MENDING TIPS
In the fall, just before kids return to school, custodians prepare for We sell a lot of great products to help you get your carpet as clean
the new school year by performing more high maintenance tasks as possible, but sometimes carpets need to be repaired due to dam-
such as stripping and refinishing floors. age caused by stains, burns, rips, tears, or holes.
It has been questioned why then floor scuffs are so much more Follow these quick tips to spruce up a damaged section of carpet:
prevalent in the fall. This phenomenon has led custodians to con-
clude that it must be the new floor finish at fault. But this is not 1. Damaged fibres - affected area: small. If all you have to re-
so. It is unfortunate timing that makes custodians blame the prod- pair are a couple of damaged fibres, or the tips of a small area,
uct, but the true cause of the increased scuff marks is simple: new simply cut the damaged fibres or tips away. After, apply a little
shoes. Most kids will be wearing a new pair of shoes in the fall, Airx 83 to the area and give it a light scrub. This small area will
which tend to leave more scuff marks. never be noticed.
Having said that, what is the best way to get rid of these annoying 2. Damaged fibres or holes - affected area: medium. Cut a
marks? Elbow grease mainly, but there are a couple of tricks that small square of carpet from a saved stash of carpet scraps, or
can be employed as well. take carpeting from an area were it will not be missed, such as
a closet. Cut the piece so that it is slightly larger than the area
1. Footwear. Before performing floor cleaning tasks, throw on a that you want to replace. Make sure you match up patterns and
pair of tennis shoes with white soles. When you find a scuff, carpet pile direction. Place the square over the area, and cut
give the mark a rub with the heel of your shoe. This is a great around it and through the carpet below (avoid cutting into the
way to get rid of small and easily removed scuff marks. carpet padding below), creating an exact fit for the new piece.
Lift out the old piece, and fit the new piece, trimming if neces-
2. Mops and pads. If you are using a mop and bucket, pick a mop sary. Use adhesive or double face carpet tape to adhere the new
with a wide band that you can use to scrub with. Also, if you piece to the area. Brush the area to blend the fibres.
are using a microfibre mop, we carry small scrub pads that can
be hooked to the pole for quick and easy scuff removal. 3. Rips or tears. Lift the edges of the rip with a utility knife.
Remove the old carpet tape from the area. Cut a piece of heat
3. Miraclean Erasers. If the floor scuff is a little tougher or activated carpet tape long enough to cover the tear. Slip it un-
larger, try a Miraclean Eraser. This product is a great tool der the tear between both sides of the cut. Slip a seam iron
to quickly erase stubborn floor marks. It is also an excellent under the carpet to heat the tape. As you move the iron along
tool for pen-marks, lime stains, grease, fingerprints, and dirty the cut, press the two sides of the carpet down onto the heated
white-boards. tape to seal.
Unfortunately, as long as kids are wearing new shoes in the fall, For regular cleaning of carpet, and general stain removal, make
floor scuffs are going to be a nuisance. Hopefully, the tips above sure you check out the carpet products and equipment in this sec-
will make your clean up quicker and easier. tion of this guide.
Carpet & Upholstery