Scientifically Advanced Nutritional Supplements
Riboflavin, also known as vitamin B2 is an easily
absorbed micronutrient with a key role in
maintaining health in humans and animals. It is
the central component of
the cofactors FAD and FMN, and is therefore
required by all flavoproteins. As such, vitamin
B2 is required for a wide variety of cellular
processes. It plays a key role in energy
metabolism, and for
the metabolism of fats, ketone
bodies, carbohydrates, and proteins. It is also
used as an orange-red food colour additive,
designated in Europe as the E number E101.
• Riboflavin acts as a coenzyme -- the non-protein,
active portion of an enzyme -- helping to metabolize
carbohydrates, fats, and proteins in order to provide
the body with energy. Riboflavin has a connection to
glutathione, one of the enzymes that rids the body of
free radicals. It helps in the regeneration of this
• Riboflavin has many health benefits -- it is thought to
decrease migraines, help prevent cataracts, and even
alleviate sickle-cell disease. Keep reading to learn
more about riboflavin's therapeutic value.
• Vitamin B2 is an increasingly popular
and widely prescribed preventive
therapy against migraine headaches.
• Vitamin B2 is essential for promoting
healthy eyes and vision.
• Vitamin B2 plays an important
adjunct role in treating anaemia as
well as sickle cell anaemia, two
conditions that are associated with
low levels of vitamin B2.
• Free riboflavin is found in milk, beef liver, and in enriched breads and
cereals. In most foods, riboflavin occurs as one of its coenzyme
derivatives, flavin mononucleotide (FMN) or flavin adenine dinucleotide
(FAD). FMN is metabolized in the body to form FAD.
• Vitamin B2, or riboflavin, is an essential nutrient and plays a key role in
No of servings per day – 1 Capsule
• Zenith Nutrition Vitamin B2 – 100 capsules
• Zenith Nutrition Vitamin B2 – 200 capsules
• It is required by the body to use oxygen and the metabolism of amino
acids, fatty acids, and carbohydrates. Riboflavin is further needed to
activate vitamin B6 (pyridoxine), helps to create niacin and assists the
• It eases watery eye fatigue and may be helpful in the prevention and
treatment of cataracts.
• It is also needed when protein intake is high, and is most beneficial to
the skin, hair and nails.
• Vitamin B2 is required for the health of the mucus membranes in the
digestive tract and helps with the absorption of iron and vitamin B6.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to
diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.