Instructions for Downloading Lexi-Comp
1. Login to the University of Saskatchewan Health Sciences Library website (not PAWS,
but the Library website). https://library.usask.ca/hsl
2. Click on the “Subject Pages” link.
3. On the Subject Pages page, click on the “Nursing” page link.
4. Scroll down a bit, and click on “Lexi-Comp Online”.
5. Click on the “click here” link.
6. If you forgot to login to the Library in Step 1, you will receive a message saying
“Access Denied”. Login now.
7. Read through the instructions on this page BEFORE you begin. It is a little
confusing. What you are going to be doing is setting up a personal account with Lexi-
Comp, by entering your U of S email address, and choosing a password. WRITE
DOWN THE APPROPRIATE CODE FOR YOUR TYPE OF PDA (you will need it
later). Then click on “Create New Account”.
8. Fill in the “Profile Creation” form, and click on “Submit” at the bottom of the page.
You MUST use your full name and University of Saskatchewan e-mail address
when setting up your account – otherwise, your account will be cancelled.
9. You will then come to the “Pre-Authorized Purchases” screen where you will need to
enter the appropriate code for your type of PDA. Enter the code (that you wrote down),
then click on “Use Code”.
10. You will arrive at the “Pre-Authorized Purchases” page. Click on this link:
11. The next page is “Lexi-Comp ON-HAND Download Options”.
• If you have a Blackberry, follow the links to install the software.
• If you have a Palm or Pocket PC, click on the link “Proceed to Lexi-Connect”
12. Installation Instructions (step 12 is taken directly from the Lexi-Comp website)
1. Download and Install Lexi-CONNECT
Note: If you are prompted to open or save a .jnlp file after clicking 'Download
Now' - click here and use the Lexi-Installer.*
2. Click 'Start' when requesting access and click 'Install' when prompted for library
access at the security prompts.
3. Enter your e-mail address and password when prompted.
4. Check the Lexi-Comp databases you would like to install on your handheld
device. Please be sure to note the difference between Palm OS and Pocket PC
You have been asked by your professor to download the following programs
• Lexi-Lab & Diagnostic Procedures
• Lexi-I.V. Compatibility*
• Nursing Lexi-Drugs
• Perioperative Nursing Lexi-Drugs
5. Select 'Download Now'. If not selected, program will automatically check for
updates after 1 minute of elapsed time.
6. Once the files are successfully downloaded, you will be prompted that updates
will be installed the next time you sync your device.
13. If you encounter any difficulty with your download, contact Lexi-Comp. They do
have excellent customer service, and are more than happy to help you out.
Phone-based support may be reached at 1-866-397-3433.
Customer Support hours of operation are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST Monday through
Call-back support is available Mon-Thurs evenings from 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. EST
and Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST.
Call-back support is operated by contacting 1-866-397-3433, selecting option 3 and
providing the requested information.
Created: July 31, 2008