Subject: English Year 5
1. Lesson Theme/ Theme: World of Knowledge
Topic/ Topic: Celebrations in Malaysia – major festivals
Sub topic Sub topic: Gawai Dayak Festival (sequences in planting paddy)
2. Learning Objectives Pupils should be able to construct 5 simple sentences independently by looking at
pictures with guidance and independently.
3. Learning Outcomes By the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to:
4.4.1 Form sentences and questions by matching sentence halves and using
4.4.2 Construct simple sentences and compound sentences based on a given
4.4.3 (Construct simple sentences independently by looking at pictures)
4.4.4 Construct simple paragraphs that contain main ideas and supporting details.
4. Evaluation 1. Has the reason of selecting the inquiry topics been appropriately
2. Have role division and the plan been well designed?
3. Have the results been successfully organized and explain?
4. Is the presenter clearly comprehending the contents of knowledge
prepared and has the presenter successfully delivered what have been
5. Have the result been well expressed?
6. Have the contents been interestingly designed?
5. Time Allocation 60 minutes
6. Class Characteristics
b. Prior Knowledge Year 5
1. Some Dayak pupils have experienced celebrating Gawai Dayak festival.
2. Pupils have read, watch or listen to celebration of major festivals in Malaysia
especially Gawai Dayak Festival.
7. Curriculum This lesson plan covers the subject matter, techniques and methodology of teaching
Coverage and evaluation on the topic as well as reflection on the techniques and methodology
8. Teacher’s Preparation 1. A poster that contains pictures in relation to Gawai Dayak Festival.
(Non ICT) 2. A newspaper article about Gawai Dayak Festival.
3. 1 box of unknown content for closure.
4. 1 set of printed worksheets for pupils who are slow learner and lack in computer
9. ICT Integration 1. Using the Internet (Yahoo search engine) to access and read more about Gawai
2. To download / copy the relevant data from various web sites in relation with the
topic to paste in MS Word files.
10. ICT Preparation 1. Booking of ICT laboratory and the related resources.
2. MS Power Point Presentation slides as teaching aid to demonstrate the
correct sequence of paddy planting.
3. Ensure the LAN and the Internet network are functioning for pupils to
access the related data.
4. List of related URL.
5. Computer and LCD Projector.
11. Learning Activities 1. Poster presentation
2. Questions and answers about the poster.
3. Reading a passage about Gawai festivals and pupils answer reading
4. Discussion using MS PowerPoint.
5. Exercises in MS Word and printed handouts
6. Internet access
7. Closure – Guessing Game
12. Teacher’s Activities 13. Students’ Activities
1. Shows a poster about Gawai Dayak celebration. 1. Pupils observe and making association of the pictures
Emphasis on the pictures of the lady and the man to the topic.
under the poster.
2. Questioning pupils on the pictures to engage 2. Pupils answers prompt questions based on the picture
interest and introduce the leaning contents. and their prior knowledge.
3. Distribute a passage about Gawai Dayak and the 3. Pupils to work in 5 groups of 6 members. Pupils read
sequences in planting paddy. Pupils are divided into the passage given and identify the answers for the reading
groups of 5 to do this activity. comprehension.
4. Teacher discuss the reading comprehension 4. Pupils read out the answer for the reading
questions and shows the correct answer using MS comprehension and check their answers.
5. Teacher facilitate pupils learning to do the 5. Pupils try out the activity in MS Word on their own. Slow
exercises. learners do the activity in printed worksheets.
6. Encourage pupils to access the Internet using 6. Surfing the Internet using the given URL to access and
Yahoo search engine and the given URL to download copy data and pictures about the topic in MS Word.
and copy relevant data to the topic in MS Word.
7. Closure : Guessing Game. Teacher asks pupils to 7. Pupils try to guess the content of the box using WH-
guess the contents of the box and prompt answers. Questions.
Relate it to the topic.
8. Written homework given from MS Word. 8. Pupils try out the printed homework on their own. Slow
learners have their own set of homework.
14. Special 1 set of printed worksheets for pupils who are slow learners and lack in
Needs computer skills.
1 set of printed homework with simplified activities.
15. Web Sites http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?p=harvesting+paddy&ei=UTF-8&fr=FP-
16. Literacy New vocabularies: cultural, thanksgiving, debates, celebrate, harvest, undergrowth,
17. Numeracy 5 correct sequences in planting paddy.
18. ICT and Non-ICT ICT
1. Web sites on the related topic.
2. MS PowerPoint slides & MS Word documents
1. A poster
2. A newspaper article
3. Reference books
19. Integration of Good 1. Thankfulness towards others deed
Values 2. Love and unity among others races in the country
3. Caring and respect of other professions
20. Thinking Skills 1. Arranging and sequencing
2. Recalling facts
3. Making association and connection
NOTA: Jika anda membina Rancangan Mengajar dalam Bahasa Inggeris, sila gunakan ciri-ciri yang ada di
dalam tanda kurungan ( )