POLYMERIZED CEMENTITIOUS FLOORING
PART 1.00 - GENERAL
1.01 GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
1. Work of this Section as shown or specified shall be in accordance with the requirements of the Contract Documents.
1.02 WORK INCLUDED
1. Work of this Section includes all labor, materials, equipment and services necessary to complete polymerized cementitious
coating as shown on drawings and/or specified herein.
1.03 RELATED WORK
1. Concrete - Section 03300 (Note to Specifier: New concrete should be either water cured or cured using sodium silicate
curing compounds only. Other types of curing compounds are generally not acceptable. Concrete should be cured for
a minimum of 28 days.)
1. General: Submit the following in accordance with Conditions of Contract and Division 1 Specification Sections.
2. Product Data: Submit manufacturer’s technical data application instructions and general recommendations for the
polymerized cementitious coating specified herein.
3. Samples for initial selection purposes in form of manufacturer’s color charts showing full range of colors available.
1) Submit 2-1/2" x 4" samples in color as selected. (Note to Specifier: This product is available in two basic colors - white or
neutral grey cementlike. Additional colors can be provided through either the specification of an optional acrylic top finish
roller-applied coating or integral color additives. See paragraph 2.03 B of this specification.)
1. Material certificates signed by the manufacturer certifying that the polymerized cementitious coating complies with
requirements specified herein.
2. Maintenance Instructions: Submit manufacturer’s written instructions for recommended maintenance practices.
1.05 QUALITY ASSURANCE
1. Installer Qualifications: Engage an experienced installer or applicator who has specialized in installing polymerized
cementitious coating types similar to that required for this Project and who is acceptable to manufacturer of primary
2. Single-Source Responsibility: Obtain polymerized cementitious coating materials including resins, dry powder components
and finish or sealing coats from a single manufacturer.
1.06 DELIVERY STORAGE AND HANDLING
1. Deliver materials in original packages and containers with seals unbroken and bearing manufacturer’s labels containing
brand name and directions for storage and mixing with other components.
2. Store materials to comply with manufacturer’s directions to prevent deterioration from moisture, heat, cold, direct sunlight or
other detrimental effects.
1.07 PROJECT CONDITIONS
1. Environmental Conditions: Comply with manufacturer’s directions for maintenance of ambient and substrate temperature,
moisture, humidity, ventilation and other conditions required to execute and protect work.
PART 2.00 - PRODUCTS
1. Polymerized cementitious coating shall be Miracote Micro-Topping as manufactured by Crossfield Products Corp.; Rancho
Dominguez, California and Roselle Park.
1. Physical Properties: Provide polymerized cementitious coating system that meets or exceeds the listed minimum physical
property requirements when tested according to the referenced standard test method in parentheses.
Compressive Strength (ASTM C-579) 2,440 psi.
Tensile Strength (ASTM C-307) 465 psi.
Flammability (ASTM E-84) Flame Spread 4
Smoke Density 0
Resistance to Salt Spray (ASTM B-117) 1,000 hrs. exposure, no visible degradation
Adhesion (ASTM C-882, Type 1) 515 psi.
Freeze-Thaw Resistance (ASTM C-672) Thirty-two cycles, "O" Scaling
Hardness (ASTM D-2440) Durometer A 82
Water Vapor Permeability (ASTM E-96) 1.95 perms/inches
Absorption < 2%
(Weight gain by coated concrete cube after 21 days immersion in water)
2.03 SUPPLEMENTAL MATERIALS
1. Waterproof Membrane: Type recommended and produced by manufacturer of polymeric cementitious coating system for
type of service and conditions indicated. (Note to Specifier: The use of waterproof membrane is optional and is
generally confined to areas subject to working concrete cracks. All areas requiring membrane treatment should be
clearly shown on plans and finish schedules.)
PART 3.00 - EXECUTION
1. Examine the areas and conditions where polymeric cementitious coating is to be installed and notify the Architect of
conditions detrimental to the proper and timely completion of the work. Do not proceed with the work until unsatisfactory
conditions have been corrected by the Contractor in a manner acceptable to the Architect.
1. Substrate: Perform preparation and cleaning procedures according to flooring manufacturer’s instructions for particular
substrate conditions involved, and as specified. Provide clean, dry, and neutral substrate for polymeric cementitious coating
2. Concrete Surfaces: Shot-blast, acid etch, or scarify if required to obtain optimum bond to concrete. Remove sufficient
material to provide a sound surface, free of laitance, glaze, efflorescence, and any bond- inhibiting curing compounds or form
release agents. Remove grease, oil, and other penetrating contaminates. Repair damaged and deteriorated concrete to
acceptable conditions. Leave surface free of dust, dirt, laitance, and efflorescence.
3. Materials: Mix polymeric cementitious coating when required, and prepare materials according to manufacturer’s
1. General: Apply each component of polymeric cementitious coating system according to manufacturer’s directions to produce
a monolithic surface of thickness indicated.
2. Body Coats: Apply successive body coats of polymeric cementitious coating by roller over prepared substrate at
manufacturer’s recommended spreading rate to produce thickness as specified. Allow to dry between coats.
1. Finish Coats: After body coat has cured sufficiently apply two roller coats of epoxy clear coating and one coat of
polyurethane in matte finish. Apply at manufacturer’s recommended spreading rate. Allow to dry between coats
3.04 CURING, PROTECTION AND CLEANING
1. Cure polymeric cementitious coating materials according to manufacturer’s directions, taking care to prevent contamination
during application stages and before completing curing process. Close application area for a minimum of 24 hours.
END OF SECTION
MIRACOTE 3000 E. Harcourt Street 140 Valley Road
DIV. OF CROSSFIELD Rancho Dominguez, CA 90221 Roselle Park, NJ 07204
PRODUCTS CORP. Tel: (310) 886-9100 Tel: (908) 245-2800
www.miracote.com Fax: (310) 886-9119 Fax: (908) 245-2583