HARNETT COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
County Administration Building
102 East Front Street
Lillington, North Carolina
Results of Board Meeting
January 8, 2007 9:00 a.m.
- Order of Business –
1. Call to order – Chairman Teddy J. Byrd
2. Pledge of Allegiance and Invocation – Commissioner Gary House
3. Consider additions and deletions to the published agenda
Add request from Bill Tomlinson to address the Board
Delete from consent agenda item 4 I. EMS application for HRSA grant
4. Consent Agenda: All items on consent agenda (except 4 I) were approved.
B. Budget amendments
C. Tax refunds and releases
D. Resolutions to add roads to state system
E. Write-off of delinquent Public Utilities accounts
F. Reclassification of Public Utilities position
G. Request for position in Work Force Development
H. Request from Health Dept. to accept mini grant from American Lung Asso.
I. Request from Emergency Services to submit application for HRSA grant
J. Transportation Improvement Plan (TIP) for Harnett Regional Jetport 2008-2012
5. Period of up to 30 minutes for informal comments allowing 3 minutes for each presentation
Concerns regarding the Harnett Health System proposed hospital project were voiced by
Mary B. Johnson, Gayle Spears, Lelia Blackmon, Ann Johnson Byrd, Lewis Bell, Dr.
Bruce Blackmon, Louise Taylor and Jack Allen.
CCCC Harnett County Campus Advisory Committee – Tim McNeill
Airport Committee – Otis Butler, Rhett Raynor and Joe Tart
Planning Department – Kathy Wood
Mid-Carolina Workforce Development Board -Truett Underhill
Industrial Facilities /Pollution Control Financing Authority – Tim McNeill
Harnett County Public Library Board of Trustees – Sandra Beasley, Renee Daughtry,
Marie Salmon and Ruth Thomas
Bill Tomlinson, Fuquay Planning Board member, addressed the Board regarding predicted
problems as new development causes water run-off along the Cape Fear River basin.
7. Request from IT Department to use sole source to purchase certain software – Paula Stewart,
Information Technology Director
Board authorized use of sole source method of purchase.
8. Resolution endorsing application to define State Agrarian Zone – Lee Anne Nance, Economic
Board adopted resolution.
9. Consider proposed Solid Waste Transfer Facility construction contract – Jerry Blanchard,
General Services Director and C.T. Clayton, PE
Board awarded bid to D.S. Simmons, Inc. and moved to include project in upcoming
financing for jail and schools projects.
10. Emergency Medical Services (EMS) collection policy – Neil Emory, County Manager
Board approved policy.
11. County Manager’s report – Neil Emory, County Manager
12. Closed session
13. New Business
14. Adjournment: 10:10 a.m.