Standard Deviation Using Excel
1. Input your data into a column in the Excel spread sheet. Chapter 2 prob. 6 Table 2-7
2. Put you cursor on a blank space in the spread sheet where you want the standard
deviation to be placed, and then go to the function bar f(x)
3. Click on f(x) and select Statistical in the menu. Then scroll down until you see STDEV.
This is the calculation that you want to run , select OK.
4. The program now asks you for where the data is that you want to run the Standard
Deviation Test on. In this example the data is from B1 to B25. You can just click and
drag on the column to input the data.
5. Click on OK
6. The standard deviation for the data will appear in the box.