1.01 Automated Ellipsoidal Reflector Spotlight
1. The fixture shall be an automated ellipsoidal reflector spotlight providing DMX
control of dimming, pan, tilt, zoom, beam edge focus, internal media frame and
color changing. The fixture shall be a Source Four® Revolution®, as
manufactured by Electronic Theatre Controls, Inc., or equal.
2. The fixture shall also contain two module bays for optional plug-in modules.
3. The fixture shall comply with USITT DMX-512 A and shall be RDM-ready.
1. The fixture shall provide position and motion control via motorized pan and tilt
axes (540º pan, 270º tilt), both with 16-bit resolution. The fixture shall be aware
of its calibrated position and shall self-correct if moved.
2. The fixture shall utilize QuietDrive™ motor drive technology and an advanced
cooling design to provide ultra-quiet operation.
3. The fixture shall contain an on-board, ultra-quiet pulse width modulated (PWM)
dimmer for lamp fades.
4. Each fixture shall be provided with a quick-change color scroller cartridge as
standard. Scroller calibration shall be by means of an optical sensor and non-
reflective markers on the gel string. An accessory slot shall be provided on the
front of the scroller module for use with optional 7.5” format accessories.
a. The scroller can accommodate up to a 24-frame gel-string for exact color
requirements. Color approximation systems via CYM or RGB mixing filters
shall not be acceptable. Units can be shipped with custom gel-strings at
extra cost if desired.
b. Color changing shall be accomplished by means of a variable speed
stepper motor and belt drive. An ultra-quiet ducted fan shall be provided to
ventilate the gel-string.
5. The fixture shall have an Internal Media Frame that will allow the insertion of an
additional conventional filter into the beam for soft beam edges, color
correction, or an extra color filter. The Internal Media Frame shall accept
regular lighting media. A frost filter shall be included as factory-standard.
6. The fixture shall be optimized to project a uniform, intense field with blending
(Cosine) distribution over a field angle range of 15° to 35° and deliver the
following nominal photometry:
FIELD ANGLE LUMENS CANDELA
15º 10,830 376,520
25º 11,760 153,730
35º 10,950 78,410
7. ANSI/IESNA LM-63-02 format photometric data files for Source Four®
Revolution® shall be compatible with light plot programs and available for
download at www.etcconnect.com. See Source Four® Revolution® Data Sheet
for detailed photometric data.
1. The fixture shall have two unique “plug and play” module bays. Each may be
equipped with any one of the following optional modules, in place of the
standard Blank Modules (BM).
a. Iris Module (IM)
1) 18-leaf iris
2) Simple, repeatable, round beam- size control
b. Static Wheel Module (SWM)
1) Three positions, plus open
2) M-Sized steel or glass gobos or dichroic color filters
c. Rotating Wheel Module (RWM)
1) Three positions, plus open
2) Rotating, indexable gobos
3) M-sized steel or glass gobos
d. Shutter Module (SM)
1) Four independent shutters on multiple planes for flexible beam shaping
2) 90-degree (+/- 45°) rotation on each shutter
2. Each module shall have on-board auto-sensing electronics that detect the
module’s presence in the fixture and make appropriate data and power
1. The optical train shall combine a compact filament lamp with a precision
molded borosilicate, ellipsoidal reflector with dichroic cold mirror coating and an
A/R coated two-lens projection system to produce an optimum high efficiency
Blending (Cosine) distribution field.
2. The fixture’s lens assembly shall have zoom capability with a full field of view
range of 15°–35°.
3. The lamp shall mount axially within the reflector, which shall reflect 95% of the
visible light and remove 90% of the infrared heat from the projected beam.
4. The fixture shall provide for motorized lens adjustment from crisp to soft focus
the gobo and to provide for gobo cross fades.
5. Lenses shall be accessible for cleaning via an easily removable cover (no lens
6. The fixture shall provide one-handed, tool-free, bind-free adjustment of lamp
alignment for desired blended cosine or peak field performance.
E. Lamp and Socket
1. The fixture shall utilize a QXL™ 750W 77V halogen lamp for worldwide use,
with a color temperature of 3250K and a life rating of 300 hours. The lamp shall
provide 22,950 lumens (30.6 LPW efficacy). A 1500 hr. long-life QXL lamp
shall be available. The QXL lamp shall be produced by at least two major lamp
manufacturers with worldwide sales distribution.
2. The proprietary 750W QXL™ – Quick eXchange Lamp shall contain an ultra
compact tungsten filament geometry within a Krypton/Xenon gas-filled quartz
3. The lamp base shall be a proprietary QXL™ base which shall provide quick
one-hand lamp replacement without opening the fixture.
4. Lamp socket shall accept the QXL™ lamp via a tool-free 1/4-turn motion and
shall automatically disconnect lamp power for safe removal and replacement
F. Electrical and Data
1. The fixture shall operate on a flicker-free, electronic universal power supply,
rated for 90VAC – 264VAC, 50/60Hz, two wire and ground AC worldwide
service. Peak power consumption shall be 950W, including dimmer and all
other internal electronics.
2. A single AC input connection shall be made via a Neutrik PowerCon™
connector. Neutrik PowerCon™ to bare-end pig-tail adapters shall be provided
as standard to facilitate AC connector mounting per end-user needs. ETC
shall provide as an option adapters with pre-mounted AC connectors such as
parallel blade, U-ground, stage pin, 20A Twist-lock, or international connectors.
3. Data connection shall be made via a 5-pin XLR connectors.
4. The motor-control circuitry, on-board dimmer and all other electronics shall
adapt automatically to all global voltages and frequencies. Power electronics
shall be contained in removable modules for ease of service.
5. The fixture shall utilize a 12.5A 250V dual-pole circuit breaker on the unit input
power for protection and on/off function, and a fuse rated at 2A 250V for
electronics power supply board..
6. The fixture shall be easily addressed via rotary switch and also utilize CAN-
BUS protocol for internal data delivery and to minimize internal wiring harness
1. Construction features of the fixture shall include:
a. Pan and tilt locks for handling convenience
b. Easy interior access for maintenance
c. Modular construction and a maximum number of common parts for
2. The fixture shall be 33.7in (856mm) high by 18.5in (454mm) wide by 15.5in
(394mm) deep with a weight of 74lbs (33.6kg), without optional modules.
Optional module weights range from 3lbs (1.4kg) to 10.4lbs (4.7kg) depending
3. The upper enclosure of the fixture will provide six holes for attaching hanging
hardware. The fixture may be pipe-mounted by attaching suitable clamps with
locking washers through at least two of these holes. The fixture may also sit
inverted on its upper enclosure on a sturdy, stable surface.
4. The fixture shall utilize a high-strength yoke design to permit hanging in any
H. Environmental and Agency Compliance
1. The fixture shall operate in an ambient temperature range of 0°C minimum, to
50° C (122°F) maximum ambient temperature. The fixture shall operate in a
30% to 90% humidity range, non-condensing.
2. The fixture shall be ETL and cETL LISTED and CE Marked, and shall be so
labeled when delivered to the job site. The fixture shall be ETL LISTED to
UL1573. The fixture shall be cETL and CE Marked to EN 60598-1 and EN