Magic City Classic Parade
October 25, 2008
In order for this parade to be successful all participants should adhere
to the following guidelines:
1. All parade participants must be at their designated line-up areas by 7:00 am to be lined up by the
2. Parade participant/vehicle with parade permits should enter the blocked intersection nearest
their section line up. Only participants with a parade permit will be allowed to enter blocked
3. Parade Permits (ORIGINAL) should be displayed on the driver side of the front windshield.
Walking and marching units should have their parade permit on their person. – NO
EXCEPTIONS! A parade permit is required for every unit, and this will be STRICTLY
4. Buses – Buses should exit at 22nd Street, then proceed to 8th Avenue and go west to 15th Street.
Once on 15th Street follow the direction of the Birmingham Police Officers for unloading and
parking. The buses will be directed to park in an area reserved only for buses. You will be
guided by the Birmingham Police Department to the reserved area. Buses will remain
parked at this location until the passengers return from the parade route.
5. The Magic City Classic Parade will start promptly at 8:00 am.
6. Please, NO CANDY OR OTHER FAVORS should be thrown by the parade participants! These
practices can result in injuries to children scrambling for candy or falling under moving vehicles.
Violators of this request will be removed from the parade and barred from future Magic City
Classic Parades. Remember that candy throwing creates a safety hazard for our children!
7. All cars and floats should be fully decorated with display signs on both sides stating the name of
the organization, etc.
8. The Birmingham Police Department will patrol all areas of the parade.
9. Parade Marshals – are assigned to each section to ensure that these instructions are followed.
All participants MUST follow the orders of the Parade Marshals!!!
10. This year the parade will begin at 19th Street and 8th Avenue North; proceed south to 19th Street
North to 4th Avenue North; proceed west on 4th Avenue North to 16th Street North; proceed north
on 16th Street North to 6th Avenue North; proceed east on 6th Avenue North to 18th Street North;
proceed North on 18th Street North.
11. Disbanding – As each unit reaches 8th Avenue and 18th Street North, they must disband and
start to exit. Automobiles and other motor units should turn left (west) onto 8th Avenue North
to disband. Walking and marching units will disband at 9th Avenue and 18th Street North.
NOTE: ALL BANDS MUST CEASE PLAYING FROM THIS POINT. PROCEED PROMPTLY
TO YOUR BUSES AND LOAD UP!
Have a great time and enjoy, but most of all be safe and courteous to each other!