14 Navillus Rd, North Reading, MA 01864
More than 20 years of experience in system analysis and programming for biotechnology,
e-commerce software, and defense subcontractor corporations. Strong background in
infrastructure architecture and design for software development cycle. Experience in
major programming languages, operating systems and hardware.
Vertex, Cambridge (Jul/2009 – present)
HPC Lead Engineer
● Design, build and maintain high performance computing facility.
● Systems engineering for complex parallel systems and software.
● Support scientific research areas with technical computing advice.
AstraZeneca, Boston (Oct/1998 – Jun/2009)
Principal Technical Architect, UNIX Systems, Discovery IS
● Design, build and maintain UNIX infrastructure supporting science data systems.
● Architect and implement software development environment and tools.
● Systems programming for complex integrated application and database systems.
● IS team leader guiding technical work and prioritization.
Open Market, Burlington (Sep/1996 – Oct/1998)
Technical Manager, Engineering Systems
● Lead IT staff dedicated to software engineering department. Capital budget management.
● Design, build and maintain UNIX infrastructure supporting ~80 software engineers.
● Systems programming supporting software development cycle (builds, QA, release, etc.).
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston (May/1993 – Sep/1996)
Systems Administrator, Biostatistical Group
● Expand small computational science capability to larger infrastructure facility.
● Focused heavily on software installation and maintenance for broad sweet of statistical tools.
● Systems programming and user support for academic investigators.
M/A-COM, Lowell (Jun/1985 – Apr/1993)
Systems Administrator/CAD Specialist, Engineering
● Integration of design engineering CAD systems with automated robotics machining
● Prepared technical drawings and documentation for mechanical/electrical engineering
● System administration support for CAD engineering systems.
x86 Linux blade, Sun SunFire, HP 9000, and SGI Origin servers; Sun SAN storage;
NetApp NAS storage
C/C++, Java, Bourne/C-shell, Python, Perl, Ruby, LISP
WebLogic, Apache, Tomcat, OSS tools, Samba/NFS, Veritas VxVM/Netbackup,
numerous computational science applications. OS: Solaris 8+, HP-UX 11, IRIX 6,
RedHat Linux 4+
B.S., Computer Science, cum laude
Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts (1994)