Ecology Review Worksheet
1) What is the tragedy of the commons?
2) Compare and contrast a food chain and a food web.
3) What is the rule of 10 when talking about food chains?
4) What is a(n):
5) Biomes: For each terrestrial biome, you need to know a couple of characteristics of the biome
and where it is located.
Temperate Deciduous Forest:
6) What is ANWR? What are the pros and cons of drilling there?
7) Discuss the flow of oil in Alaska? Where is it drilled, piped and shipped
8) What is the difference between primary and secondary succession?
9) What are the 1 and 2 laws of thermodynamics?
10) Know the steps of the water cycle.
11) Know the steps of the nitrogen cycle.
12) What makes the tundra fragile?
13) Why is the removal of top predators harmful on the
14) What are the equations for photosynthesis and respiration? How do they tie into the carbon
15) What are the major sinks and sources of carbon on Earth?
16) Describe each symbiosis and give an example of each.
17) Compare and contrast primary and secondary succession.
18) What happened to Easter Island?
19) Describe the principle of competitive exclusion.
20) How does prey avoid being eaten? What advantages to predators have to make catching