Indian Recipes :
easy to prepare healthy snack recipes
Recipe for Mulaku Bajji
Besan flour(chickpea flour)- 1 cup
Rice flour- 2 table spoon
Bicarbonate of soda- 2 teaspoons
kesari powder- a pinch
Chilli powder- 2 teaspoon
Ginger garlic paste- 1 teaspoon (optional)
Water- 1/2 cup
Koda mulagu- 10
Salt- as required
oil- for deep frying
1. Sift the besan flour, rice flour, bicorbonate of soda, chilli powder, ginger garlic paste and kesari powder
into a bowl.
2. Add water to make a smooth creamy batter, adding a little more water if necessary.
3. Heat the oil in a deep frying pan and dip the mulagu into the batter, one at a time.
4. when it turns light brown, turn over and fry another side.
5. Serve the bajji or the other variations hot with coconut chutney or tomato ketchup or tamarind sauce or
coriander chutney or any of your favorite dip.
Tip: You can also substitute sliced onion,potato, brinjal(egg plant), paneer, egg, cauliflower or capsicum
Crispy Masal Vada
Channa dhal - 1 cup
Finely chopped onions - 1 cup
Green chillies to your taste
A handful of chopped coriander leaves
Hing - 1/2 tsp
Ginger and Garlic - finely minced, 1 tblsp
1. Soak channa dal exactly for 1 hour and drain it.
2. Grind it without adding water. the mixture should be coarse.
3. Add rest of the ingredients and mix well.
4. Make small balls and flatten them.
5. Heat oil and deep fry the balls.
Gram Dhal Vada
Gram dhal - 2 cups
Coriander leaves - 1/4 cups
Salt - 3/4 cups
Curry leaves - little
Red chillies - 4
Green chillies - 3
Ginger - 1 cm
Onion - 2
Soak gram dhal in water for 2 hours. Wash with water and drain off water. Chop onion, green chillies,
curry leaves and coriander leaves. Grind the dhal coarsely with red chillies. Add all the other ingredients -
make into wadas, deep fry in oil till golden in colour...