Demystifying Demystifying SEO has a mixture of theory and practical
exercises designed to help participants to improve the way their
sites are searched and ranked by search engines such as
Google, Yahoo and Bing.
The session will cover the factors, techniques and strategies that
SESSION PLAN influence the ranking of web pages.
• To provide the tools to identify and improve:
o The web ranking performance of a website.
o The ability for users to search for a site.
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is
now a key component of all marketing
activities and should be a major factor
in business planning. The session is designed to provide learners with a detailed
understanding of SEO and why it is important.
1. To understand the difference between Search Engine Optimisation
Potential customers now look online to (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM).
find information, products and services. 2. To understand the key terms and concepts.
Having a web site and expecting 3. To understand the key elements that influence SEO.
customers to come flocking is simply 4. To understand how to conduct key word searches.
not enough. 5. To understand how to conduct a competitor analysis.
If you're developing the search engine Training methods, learning activities and content
optimisation (SEO) for your website, • Discussion
then a training course is essential to • Group work / Pairs
help you get the most from your • Questioning
marketing spend. • Storyboards
eQ communications is a Sydney based • Handouts and references
marketing and communications
specialist with experience creating and Assessment
managing branded communications for
Contributes to the effective development of a simple SEO marketing
B2B & technology clients.
• Understand the purpose of SEO
We provide a balanced view to digital • Ability to identify and select appropriate keywords
marketing and a broader perspective to
how your digital efforts should be a part
of your business.
Method of evaluation
• Questioning to assess knowledge of the approaches to SEO
eqcommunications.com.au • Participation in learning group activities to identify the key SEO
• Demonstration of the SEO approaches to take to improve
website search results.
Workplace Health & Safety
• Facilities (Access and awareness)
• Cables and computer related issues
• Location of chairs, tables and other furniture
• Computer presentation
• Access to network
• Diagrams and charts
• Whiteboard / Flipcharts
© Copyright eQcommunications 2012
This training plan describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to develop an effective SEO marketing plan
for a website.
No licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements apply to this training.
Elements Key content Delivery method
Defining Search Engine • Explore the concept of Search Engine Presentation
Optimisation Optimisation Discussion
• Explain why SEO is important
• Explain how search engines find websites.
• Explain how people find your website.
• What is ethical SEO?
Key terms and concepts • Explain PageRank Presentation style.
• Identify the tools to use Present scenarios.
• Describe Metatags and its purpose Flipcharts.
• Describe page description and its purpose
• H and P tags
• Internal links
Implementing SEO Outline the steps to take to implement SEO on a site. Demonstration and presentation
• Identify the tools to use Group work
• Identifying keywords
• Writing copy to include keywords
• Using keywords for images
• Applying keywords to the site
• Competitive analysis
• The things to avoid
SEO enhanced Search Engine Marketing explored in more detail to Show examples of websites and how
outline how the following can enhance SEO efforts: they have used the additional
• Blogging resources to maximize their SEO
• Article Marketing efforts.
• Google Adwords
• Google Adsense
Measuring SEO Identify the tools to use to measure the effectiveness of Demonstrate the SEO tools
© Copyright eQcommunications 2012