Platforms to use
Google - Search (SEO) & Contextual (Adsense)
Yahoo - Search (SEO) & Contextual (Adsense)
Bing - Search (SEO) & Contextual (Adsense)
Facebook - Search (SEO) & Contextual (Adsense)
Google Pay Per Click
• Go to www.google.com
• Sign up for a Google account
• Sign up for Google Adsense – the pay per client platform
• At www.google.com/accounts/ManageAccount
2. • The platform will walk through how to set everything up
Tip: Google is the most used search engine in the country. Therefore, it is likely to
be the best PPC platform for you.
Understanding the Adwords Platform
• The main category of the PPC group
- (Example: Jewelry).
There are • Within Campaigns, these are
- Keyword groups (Example: Necklace
& Bracelet = 2 different Adgroups).
PPC Main Components
Understand your PPC Goals and Objectives
Create a PPC strategy to reach Goals and Objectives
Build campaign Adgroup titles
PPC Strategy (cont.)
Pick Keywords that have high traffic but low competition (use
adwords “keyword tool”)
Get buy-in from team, manager, and/or client
Create campaign in Google Adwords, use Adword platform and tools
(Google Adwords customer service is great for help)
Campaign – Jewelry
Adgroup – Necklaces
Keywords – Gold Necklace, Silver Necklace
Tip: Make sure the keywords are inclusive of the
Find beautiful but affordable necklaces here. Buy now!
• eadline (“Cheap Necklace”) should be the same as the keyword.
• t is good to pick the most popular (most clicked) keyword.
• he copy content should relate to the campaign, benefit for the target
audience, and include a call to action (Buy now!), as well as a response
method (the url link).
When a potential customer clicks on ad’s url link, it brings them
to a webpage, called the Landing Page.
Learn more about landing pages at:
Track and Measure
• Use Adwords “Reporting” tab to measure the following:
• Keywords & Ads
• NEGATIVE KEYWORD REPORT – include keywords that
you do not want associated with your campaign, and do not
want to waste clicks on.
• Tip: Cancel low performing keywords and ads and create news ones with
same concept as successful keywords and ads.
Set up and use Google Analytics platform
Track landing page clicks, bounce rates & bounce locations.
• ind where visitors are leaving your site and improve those pages to better ensure
that click pathways are followed all the way to check out.
• ou can do this by measuring the traffic to the thank you page.
To learn more about online advertising and pay per
click visit www.kulinmarketing.com