The future simple
Ways of expressing future: (1) طرق التعبير عن المستقبل
Future with will / shall :
Uses of "will":
a. Quick decisions: : - عند اتخاذ قرار االن في وقت الحديث
- I'll turn on the TV. – There is no sugar. I'll buy some.
b. Prediction: - التنبؤ بأحداث في المستقبل
- I think the weather will be nice later.
- I think Tom will like the present we bought for him.
c. Requests: - عند الطلب
- Will you shut the door, please ?
- Will you carry this bag for me, please ?
d. Offer: - عند العرض
- I'll help you as the bag is heavy.
e. Making arrangements: - عمل ترتيبات
- I will meet you tomorrow at 5 p.m.
f. Threat: - عند التهديد
- If you forget your homework, I'll punish you.
g. Promise: - عند الوعد
- If you get the full mark, I will buy you a mobile phone.
h. Facts in the future: - عند ذكر حقيقة مستقبلية
- It's my birthday next Tuesday. I'll be 17.
Uses of "shall":
a. Suggestion: - االقتراح
- Shall we go swimming ?
b. Offer: - العرض
- Shall I turn on the radio for you ?
c. Promise: - الوعد
- We shall buy you a car if you come first.
( 2 ) Future with " going to ":
Uses of " going to ":
a) an intention, a plan or a decision that will be carried out in the future:
- نية / خطة / قرار لعمل شئ في المستقبل
ex.:- She is going to buy a sewing machine tomorrow.
- I'm going to visit my sick friend next Friday
b) a future event which you know it will happen: (there is an evidence)
) - حدث مستقبلي ( يوجد دليل علي انه سيحدث
ex. : - It's rainy, so I'm going to see the match on TV.
- I feel terrible. I think I'm going to be sick.