People Issues In ERP
Prof. Purnima Agarwal.
Need for ERP Implementation
• Business agility in dynamic surroundings.
• Promotion of process of de-bureaucratization.
• Demand for information needs.
• Technical and calculated control.
• Digitized social relations.
• Construction of new social reality.
• Formalisation and standardisation.
• Hierarchisation and specialisation.
Concern of ERP implementation: Making Things Different
naturally invokes resistance and skepticism because of need
• Reluctance as it minimizes legacy of management
• Preconceived ideas, frame of reference needs, interest,
attitudes, assumptions of employees.
• Implementation of change is a process – adoption and
acceptance necessary for its success.
People issues important for successful implementation of change.
Model For Adoption And Acceptance Of Change
Intentions For Adoption Of Change
Attitudes for ERP Adoption
Organizational Employee External Pressure
Readiness Readiness / Support
HR issues Perceived Ease Of Use.
Conflict Management - Techno Stress
- Rules and Responsibilities
- Performance Standards
Communication as an enabler for change
Early and continuous communication enthusiasm.
Involvement of leaders / Top Management in
Belief in integrity
Frequency and clarity of messages Co-ordination
Medium of communication.
Conflict transformation synergy and transparency
The characteristics of accepting
change within an organization