Strand: Molecules and Cells
Name___________________________ Date__________________ School_________________
Student—please print this worksheet and complete it as you interact with the tutorial. The
completed worksheet should be turned in to your assigned teacher.
Protein Definition: (PRO-teen) A molecule made up of amino acids that are needed for the body
to function properly.
1. Proteins of “prime importance” comprise _____________________% of cell mass and
have many physiological functions.
2. All enzymes, blood proteins, hemoglobin, and ____________________are functional
3. Proteins are built from 20 common blocks called _________________________.
4. ____________________________of a protein molecule is determined by the sequence of
amino acids connected by peptide bonds forming a polypeptide chain.
5. Hydrogen bonding forms a __________________________________depending on the
protein’s amino acid sequences.
6. Proteins can be destroyed by high temperatures, wrong pH, radiation, and
THE PRIMARY STRUCTURE
10 TO 30