Downloading Kindle eBooks at
Troy-Miami County Public Library
1. Go to the library website at www.tmcpl.org
2. Scroll down the webpage, on the left-handed side click on
3. This will take you to our Downloadable Digital Media catalog.
4. To search for eBooks click on “Advanced Search”.
5. You can search for eBooks by typing a title, an author name, or a
keyword. Make sure to select “Kindle Book” under the “Format” criteria.
When you are finished, click “Search”.
* Keep in mind that not every Kindle eBook will be available if others have
already downloaded the eBook. To browse eBooks that are available to
download instantly, checkmark the box “Show only available titles”.
6. The books will be listed in alphabetical order by title. Each record will
show how many copies that the library owns and how many copies that are
available. Look for the “Kindle Book” and click on “Add to Cart” on the
right-handed side of the page.
7. Click on “Proceed to Checkout”.
8. Enter your Library Card Number and PIN. Click Login.
9. Choose the number of days you wish to checkout the book in the
“Lending period” box. When you are finished click on “Confirm Check
10. Click “Get for Kindle”. This will take you to the Amazon website
where you can finish the downloading process.
11. Click on “Get library book”
12. Enter your email address. If you are a new Amazon Kindle user, you will
need to click on the “No” option to get an Amazon password. Otherwise,
click “Yes” and enter your Amazon password. When you are finished, click
on “Sign in using our secure server”.
If you clicked “No”, enter your personal information to get an Amazon
password. Click “Create account”.
13. After entering your password, you will need to select your Kindle
device. You may need to click “Register a new Kindle” if this is your first
time using your Kindle.
14. Click “Download now”. The eBook should transfer successfully if you
have an active WI-FI connection. If you do not have an active WI-FI
connection you will need to plug your Kindle device into the USB port of
your computer to continue transferring the download.
Congratulations! You have downloaded an eBook onto your Kindle. You
can now enjoy reading the eBook at your convenience!