Deidre M. Smith
Cedar Hill Tx 75104
Competencies • Lead and support department of 100+ to finish #1 in quality standards and sales
percent increase for DFW Market for 7 consecutive months.
• Finished 102% of 2010 sales target & 99.7% profit budget
• Lean Warehouse Coordinator: Used Lean Six Sigma to achieve 98% inventory
accuracy, up from 93% prior to my involvement.
Education University of Dallas- Irving, TX 2011-present
• MBA w/ concentration in Supply Chain Management
University of North Texas- Denton, TX 1996-2000
• Bachelor of Business Administration. INROADS Intern, remaining active
member of Habitat for Humanity, Toastmasters, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority
Experience PepsiCo/Frito Lay- Operations/ Supply Chain Manager Dallas, TX 2011-present
• Lead daily inventory, procurement, route/bulk/transport loading, settlement,
postings in SAP, Production Tracker, and End of Shift Reports
• Responsible for the full end-to-end integration of perishable and non-perishable
• Implement and maintain 5S throughout the facility including Good
Manufacturing Practices, safety and regulatory management of supply chain
• Align team of 100+ with agenda to meet Annual Operating Plan; Develop forecasts
to track product supply/ demand trends. Communicate and coordinate the
potential volume with the operations team, master scheduler, purchasing
manager, and quality assurance.
• Develops others by training frontline employees-setting expectations, providing
timely feedback and rewarding good performance.
• Support duties include negotiating pricing, managing materials as well as
coordinating inbound and outbound operations.
Wal-Mart Inc. / WM Distribution -Operations Manager Dallas, TX 2008- 2011
• Managed and reduced costs by 89K (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, products,
materials), comply with requirements, and modify budgets.
• Supply chain management of traffic and commercial carrier storage and
transportation of Hazardous Materials
• Lead the execution of WM policies, procedures, safety standards for 140 associates
and salaried managers.
• Supervised & Conducted steel safety and equipment quality inspection daily prior
• Analyzed complex data for retail operations or quality problems to determine root
causes and coordinate operational changes that positively impacted sales and
variance to plan.
• Collected a variety of financial data to identify & implement new operating
procedures that increase efficiency, productivity, quality, safety and cost savings.
Verizon Information Services- Outside Sales Consultant Dallas, TX 2001-2007
• Managed vendors and retailers accounts with ordering, selling and servicing
• Recognized for outstanding Business to Business customer service resulting in less
than 4% churn of customer base.
• Facilitated sales curriculum, analyzed processes to improve employee’s
development and execution.
• Conducted business meetings with staff & senior executives to demonstrate
technical knowledge of product.
Activities Executive Board Member Brighter Tomorrows, Inc.
PepsiCo ERG: Mosaic and WIN