DAV PUBLIC SCHOOL, Kailash Hills, Delhi
SUMMER VACATIONS – HOLIDAYS HOMEWORK
Class – V
Q1. Creativity with shapes
Take colourful pictures from the newspaper or
magazines and cut out the following shapes:
Triangle, Square, Rectangle, Circle
Now using these cut outs, make a collage with an
interesting design on A4 size paper.
Q2. Learn tables upto 20 and write it on your H.W copy.
Q3. Make a model of abacus by using beads, strings etc or
any chart related with mathematics.
Q4. Do the given worksheet on 'Large Numbers' on
Science (Class – V)
1. Paste leaves and seeds of at least five plants which
reproduce by seeds and paste leaves of five plants which
shows vegetative reproduction. Write their names.
2. Make a list of five forests and the state in which they are
located. Write down the names of plants and animals they
are famous for.
3. Collect information on ‘Project Tiger’ and prepare a write
up on a pestle sheet.
4. Make a poster on food chain.
5. Make a list of your favourite jam, sauce, biscuit, ice cream
and any two other snacks and note down their ingredients.
Also note down the preservatives used in them.
6. Collect at least five pictures of food that contain
carbohydrate, protein, fat, vitamins and minerals and
paste them on a chart paper in a tabular form.
HOLIDAY HOMEWORK 2012-13
Do any one of the following projects
Project on family on the following heads
a) Importance Of Family
b) Joint & Nuclear Family
c) Family Members
d) Your Most Favourite Family Member & Why?
e) Some Activities You Share At Home
f) Duties Towards Your Family
g) How To Deepen Bond Among Family Members
h) Draw a Family Tree
Transport- The Lifeline Of A Country
1) Importance Of Transport
2) Modes Of Transport
3) Advancement In Railways
4) Problem Created By Ever Increasing Traffic On Road
5) Benefits Of Walking And Cycling
6) Suggestion To Overcome The Traffic Problems
7) Information About Unconventional & Able Sources Of
8) Major Airlines Of India
Variations In Shelter:-
a) Pre-Historic Shelters
b) Home With Sloping & Flat Roof
c) Still Homes, House Boat, Bamboo Houses
d) Slums / Huts
e) Basic Amenities
f) Disaster Management
g) Clean Neighbourhood
a) Leisure Activities
b) Traditional And Modern
c) Board Games
e) Story Telling
g) Yoga – Asanas, Pranayms & Meditation
i) Sports Personalities
a) Model Of A Globe
b) Make A Family Tree Of Your Family
c) Prepare A Chart Of Different Types Of Houses/ Model Of A
d) Find Out About A Few Organisation That Work For Socially
e) Find Out The Information About The Life Of Five World
Famous Players Of Your Favourite Game
1. Family Tree
2. Different Types Of Houses(Any One)(Sloping Roof, Still
Houses, Bamboo Houses, Houseboat)
3. Indraprastha Park (Model)
4. Any One Indoor Game (Ludo, Carrom, Chess,etc)
5. Model Of An Airport, Railway Station & Bus Terminal .
ART AND CRAFT
Q1. Village scene OR Landscape.
Q2. Playing with friends.
Q3. Spray painting.
Q4. 5 Animals and Birds.
Q5. Collage work ( 1 painting)
Q6. Step by Step 1 - 15 pg.
SUBJECT : COMPUTER
Holiday Home Work : 2012-2013
1. Collect the pictures of hardware from magazine or newspaper and paste them in A4
2. Using MS-Word write down your name in different font styles using Word Art . ( Bring
them in CD or Take Print Out).
3. Draw the symbol of Ms-Word, Ms-Excel, Ms- PowerPoint and Internet Explorer.
4. Using Ms- Word draw a flowchart showing the different parts of computer memory.
5. Paste the picture of some secondary storage devices.
Q1. Prepare a written presentation on the topic 'Environmental Pollution'
OR 'Save Girl Child'. You can gather information on the topic from the
reports and articles in the newspapers, from other books or from the
Internet. You can add pictures to make your file more attractive. Make a
poster on the same topic with a related slogan.
Q2. Make a pictoral dictionary with Proper Nouns, Common Nouns,
Collective Nouns and Abstract Nouns. ( 5 each )
Q3. On a chart paper, make a collage on the topic ' Sun And Fun'. Frame a
short poem on the same topic and write it on the chart paper.
Q4. In a seperate copy do one page of handwriting daily.
Q5. Read a story book of your own choice and come prepared to narrate it
in the class.