Council Tax Exemption Form by iqbiU0h7


									                  Council Tax Exemption Form

What you need to do:

1) Complete all the details in the Council Tax Exemption Self Declaration Form overleaf.

2) Log in to your MyNTU account to check that you/and other housemates have the current address as

3) Print and send to your local council.

What happens next?

• The University sends the address that you have registered as your current term-time address every
month to the 10 local councils.

• The Council will receive your form, and locate your name on the file which Nottingham Trent
University has sent.

• This will exempt full-time students attending Nottingham Trent University.

Please note:

If you live with a student who attends another institution, they must include a form/letter which that
institution provides. This form will only exempt full-time students who attend Nottingham Trent

For further information regarding council tax, please visit: Nottingham Trent University,
Council Tax Information

Address to return completed form:

Bassetlaw District Council           Newark & Sherwood Council     Broxtowe Borough Council
Queens Buildings                     Council Tax Billing           Foster Avenue
Potter Street                        Kelham Hall                   Beeston
Worksop                              Newark                        Nottingham
Nottingham                           NG23 5QX                      NG9 1AB
S80 2AH                              01636 655386                  0115 917 7777
01909 533234                                                uk
Rushcliffe Borough                   Erewash Borough Council       Ashfield District Council
Civic Centre                         Town Hall                     PO Box 5732, Urban Road
Pavilion Road                        Derby Road                    Kirkby in Ashfield
West Bridgford                       Long Eaton                    Nottinghamshire
Nottingham                           Derbyshire                    NG17 8QW
NG2 5FE                              NG10 1HU                      01623 457 400
0115 981 9911                        0115 907 1000        

Gedling Borough Council              Mansfield District Council    Derby City Council
Civic Centre                         Civic Centre                  1 Albion Street
Arnot Hill Park                      Chesterfield Road South       Derby
Arnold                               Mansfield                     DE1 2PR
Nottingham                           Nottinghamshire               0333 200 6900
NG5 6LU                              NG19 7BH            
0115 901 3950                        01623 463463                  k  
                              Council Tax Exemption Self Declaration Form

Provided for students living in the following council areas listed overleaf.

First Name                                                                Surname

University ID number                                                      Date of Birth

Tenancy Start Date                                                        Length of tenancy

I certify that I am currently resident at the address below:


Name of Landlord

Contact details (if available)
Type of tenancy (individual
or joint tenancy)

I confirm that I have entered my term-time address correctly within the MyNTU pages at MyNTU including the correct postcode
(available at and understand that these details will be provided to the council for the purposes of council tax
exemption. I confirm that I am a full-time student at Nottingham Trent University. Confirmation of my student status has been
provided directly to the relevant council by Nottingham Trent University.

Other adult residents (students or otherwise) at this address:

                            Student       University ID        Name of educational                Tenancy            Length of
                              Y/N         Number               establishment                      Start Date         tenancy



Nottingham Trent University provides details of all full-time registered students to local councils for the purposes of council tax
exemption. This is done on a monthly basis and it is the student’s responsibility to ensure that their details are accurate and up-
to-date. Students can update their personal and address details throughout the year on the MyNTU pages at MyNTU. If you
suspend or withdraw from your programme of study, your details will no longer be supplied to the local council and from the
date that you leave Nottingham Trent University you will become liable for council tax.

                           Please complete this form and return it to the relevant local council

To top