Storing Household Goods in Transit by moverslicense


									Knowledge Base: Storing Household Goods in Transit
During your long distance move, you might need your mover to store your household items for period. T his happens when you are relocating and
haven’t found a suitable house at your new location. People store their belongings for a duration ranging from a month to even a year. Now what happens
when the storage in transit period is getting over? Your moving company must notify you on the following:
       The exact date as to when your s torage in trans it period will be converted into a permanent s torage.
       The nine month period s ince the s tart of the permanent s torage. This nine month term allows you to file a claim or
       complaint agains t your mover for any los s or damage to your hous ehold goods .
       The date as to when your moving companies liability will end.
       The regulations and charges that will be governing your items under the s upervis ion of the warehous e man.
These notifications must be made at least 10 days before:
   1. The las t day of the s pecified s torage duration which you agreed upon.(or)
   2. The maximum s torage duration which the moving company has included in the tariff for s torage in trans it.
All these notifications can be by fax, email, certified mail, overnight courier or in person. If your moving company holds your household items in his
storage unit for less than ten days, then he must notify you of the same one day before the storage-in-transit period gets over. Your moving company will
be maintaining a record of all the notifications pertaining to your household goods that he has sent across to you. If your mover fails to notify you on any
of the above mentioned points, then his liability will be extended until the end of the day following the date when he actually notifies you.

Search: Moving companies, Moving tips, Licensed movers, Residential local movers, Moving quotes, Self storage

To top