THE RIVERS CYBERHUNT
1. What happened to the River Thames in 1953? What did they decide to
build to solve the problem?
2. Where is the source of the River Thames?
3. How are waterfalls formed?
4. How long is the River Nile? Where does it begin and end?
5. How long is the River Amazon? Where is its source? Can you find out
which countries it travels through (hint: click on the Amazon region on the
6. Why are rivers important? How do they get polluted?
7. How long is the River Danube? Where is its source and in which
countries does it end?
8. What is the name of the chief river of India? Name two holy bathing sites
along its banks.
9. Name the American States that the Mississippi River flows through.
10. Take a trip down the River Trent. Where does it begin? Where does it
end? What are the three "courses" of the river?