ROBERT E. RICHIE
Mt Juliet, TN 37122 Brichie@tds.net
“Bob is a valuable employee for any organization. He has great management and follow through skills.
He has the ability to strategically plan for what needs to be done today as well as what needs to be
done in the future. He is a tremendous addition to any team.” January 20, 2009
Ken Nelson, CEO, Rentech (managed Bob at Renaissance Technology – RENTECH)
Right Turn Solutions VP Business Development 2010-present
Dedicated to assisting the transportation, healthcare and education industry reduce risk and improve regulatory
position with federal rules. Provide programs for business continuity, IT and incidence management.
1. Analyze industry trade communications and trade publications determining key areas vulnerability and
risks affecting the trucking industry’s key asset – the driver.
2. Review and survey C-level managers, Recruiters, Safety directors, compliance managers to determine
compliance weaknesses, answer Red Flag Rules, SAS70, and Disaster Recovery requirements.
3. Created integrated sales model with a set of solutions that provides ongoing residual income streams.
Responsible for post-sale project management.
4. Collaborated with key suppliers to determine sales goals and presentation information to address C-level
and executive management requirements.
5. Developed integrated partnered approach with insurance organizations, Nexus DR/co-lo, BIT Direct IT
services, ACMBS, VMware
6. Developed basic website for industry acceptance, marketing use of social networks such as LinkedIn and
Facebook. Made first sale off of LinkedIn discussion.
7. Develop referral system and assisted in start-up of Nashville Transportation Sales Association.
8. Developed training video for C level managers and Safety Directors on court issues.
9. Provide on-site training of staffs to meet performance requirements.
Tennessee Arts Commission Administrative Services Director 2007-2008
40 year old state agency that advances arts through grants, workshops, and Governor initiatives.
1. Determined ‘best practice’ procedures for Federal Grant development that helped increase federal
2. Managed $8 million agency budget & spending plans, C-level presentations to state legislative
committees. Responsible for review of State Museum budget.
3. Manager of Human relations area with 33 employees. Responsibilities included:
a. Determining yearly Affirmative Action program, presented to State HR.
b. Approved/prepared staff payroll, conducted interviews, prepared performance appraisals at
the direction of the Director.
c. Review and Training of OSHA compliance safety requirements.
d. Approved and authorized payments of all travel related billing.
4. Responsible for regular delivery, inventory, and management of grant records.
5. Managed financial development and contracting of grant programs between grantees and state office of
6. Directed and provided staff training on implementation of new PeopleSoft Enterprise Resource Planning
software called the Edison project.
7. Collaborated with staff on financial training to state grantees.
Tennessee Department of Transportation / Governor’s Highway Safety Office 2004-2007
Grant Project Coordinator
Federally funded agency that reported to the National Highway Transportation Safety Association that presides
over $25 million state wide public safety budget.
1. Developed and implemented new grant management web based document management system to
reduce costs and increase efficiencies to minimize staff.
ROBERT E. RICHIE
Mt Juliet, TN 37122 Brichie@tds.net
2. Provided End User training across state and assisted in Director’s accountability program. Monitored
outcome metrics to enhance Key results accountability.
3. Conducted re-organization of multi-jurisdictional statewide committee, managed collaboration of state
traffic records plan including discovery and information gathering phases to receive over $750,000 of
federal funds. Managed implementation of Department of Safety car laptops.
4. Recommended by Director to serve on the 2 annual TDOT Leadership Academy & collaborated on
$1billion Strength Weakness Opportunity Threat (SWOT) analysis used to determine state needs and
preparedness for New Madrid Fault Earthquake.
5. Set up and negotiated Document Imaging system, Optical scanning, & FileNet system.
6. Led development and implementation of teen driving program with three school districts & 200 students,
made presentations to 6,000 students, coordinated with Ford to judge 6 video entries where winner was
NetGain Technologies, Louisville, Ky. TN Account/Territory Manager 2002-2003
Operated territory to concentrate on medical IT solutions including Millbrook, Vista PM, & Impact MD. Systems
included Cisco & Voice Over IP (VOIP), HP, Northern Telecom, data security, & Xiotech Storage Area Networks.
1. Negotiated contracts with 2 Nashville Co-location centers for Voice over IP services
2. Developed and implemented Storage Area Network strategy that culminated in $300k sale. Sold Vista
PM to major ambulatory surgery center management company.
General Data Concepts Co-founder, President 1988-2002
(merged with Netgain Technology in 2002)
Co-founded IT communications consulting firm that concentrated on manufacturing, distribution and healthcare
projects to reduce costs and improve data security. Clients included such names as Amsurg, Kantus, Baptist
Hospital, Newell/Faber Castell, Odom’s, Universal Tire, ADT Automotive, the State of Tennessee, etc..
1. Coordinated product selection and developed strategic plan to provide network infrastructure for mid-state
area firms. Took company from $100k to $500k/year with staff of 7. Managed staff development, hiring,
performance appraisal, motivation.
2. Presented to C-level and executive managers to network multi-location businesses
3. Achieved $300k frame relay project w/ADT Automotive, $1.2million Checkpoint security contract with
Tennessee Office of Information Resources (OIR)
4. Coordinated multiple trade shows, managed Advertising, Implemented EFC accounting system, managed
Profit & Loss oversight and state/federal tax compliances.
Other positions include: Bellsouth, Nashville Telecom, Red Kap Industries
Tennessee State University/Univ. of Tennessee, Nashville, TN – Masters Business Administration
North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC – Bachelor Science, Engineering Operations
Volunteer State CC, Gallatin, TN – Six Sigma Greenbelt training 2009
National Highway Transportation Safety Admin.–Project & Grant Management 2004/5
Institute of Fraud & Risk Mgmt. – Certified Identity Theft Risk Management Specialist 2009
SKILLS & APTITUDES
1. Understanding of Practice Management delivery systems, Transportation compliance issues, Electronic
Records Management, VOIP, Storage Area Networks, FileNet, Millbrook training, OSHA.
2. Toastmaster public speaking/presentation skills-Silver Communicator, Government operations
3. Microsoft Business Office Solutions – WORD, Excel, Power point, VISIO, Outlook
4. Understanding iBranding through social networks like LinkedIn, Facebook
Other references upon request or visit LinkedIn page.