What is the purpose of today’s lab?
• Goals & objectives
• Question to be answered
What is the relevant theory?
• What concept(s) from lecture are relevant?
• How will we test these ideas?
• What formulae will come into play?
How will we investigate?
• Specific methods
• Equipment to be used
• Units and measurement
• Data transformations
• Methods of analysis
Tips and Reminders
• When in doubt, read the directions!
• Know what you’re going to do and why you
need to do it before you do it
• Rely on your group members and other
groups if you get stuck or have problems
• Your instructor is there to help you with things
you can’t do on your own or with your peers’