June 16, 2005
TO: All Prospective Bidders
SUBJECT: Job No. 05/0195
DUE DATE: June 20, 2005 no later than 2:00 pm
All bidders are required to sign and attach a copy of this addendum with each bid for Extradition
Services for Prisoners for the Harris County Sheriff’s Office. This addendum must be received by the
Purchasing Department no later than the above due date.
Following is additional information:
1. Vendor qualification section, #3: The Sheriff’s Office would like to delete the reference to any
specific number of vans required and replace it with: “The vendor must have sufficient
equipment to meet the transport demands of the Harris County Sheriff’s Office.”
2. The annual budget is $250,000 for private prisoner transports.
3. Harris County made 245 trips for 262 defendants out of state in 2004. Private prisoner
contractor made 382 trips total with a split of close to 50/50 for in state and out of state in 2004.
Approximately 14% of private prisoner transports are for females.
4. Harris County made 720 trips for 1338 defendants within the State of Texas in 2004. Private
prisoner contractor made 382 trips total with a split of close to 50/50 for in state and out of state
in 2004. Approximately 14% of private prisoner transports are for females.
5. Harris County did 21,515 in-state miles and 35,830 out-of-state miles. We do not keep records of
billable miles done by private transport.
//s// Jack R. McCown
Jack R. McCown, C.P.M.