Vehicle Log Book: The NGOs need to maintain vehicle log books for all the vehicles including two wheelers and four wheelers
. These Log Books are available in the market and could be used. These need to be signed by the person driving the vehicle and also the persons going in the vehicle. • Log Books should have vehicle details written/ print copy pasted in the first/second page of the log book
• Log Books should be signed by the driver and also the person travelling in the vehicle.
Should always be filled in full tank
• Whenever fuel is filled that should be mentioned in the log book and the meter reading at the time of filling the fuel should also be mentioned in the log book
• Any vehicle maintenance done during the travel should also be mentioned in the log book.
• Some agencies keep contact with a particular petrol pump dealer and accordingly the vehicle in charge issue a slip to the petrol pump mentioning the number of litters fuel need to be filled in, and the payments could be made once in a month or fifteen days depending upon the amount limits as agreed by the organization and the Petrol Pump authorities. This system is useful for organizations using a number of vehicles. This will also help reduce having too many vouchers for each payment. To some extent there can be transparency.
• The Log Books needs to be checked every day by the concerned vehicles in-charge and the log book data particularly the fuel consumption
and maintenance part could be entered in a computer excel sheet for each vehicle. This way we could also know the cost-effectiveness of vehicle usage for each vehicle.
• The log books are available in the market and in case it is difficult get one in some interior places, an exercise book could be used where the log book headings could be entered.