形 式 主 表 宾 定 状 补
不 定式 √ √ √ √ √ √
-ing √ √ √ √ √ √
P.P. √ √ √ √
advise, allow, admit, appreciate, avoid,
consider, suggest, enjoy, finish, keep, dislike,
mind, delay, practise, escape, imagine, miss,
permit, risk, deny, excuse, prevent,etc.
lending me some money
1) Do you mind ________________________
2) The mouse was lucky that it just missed
3) I would appreciate your calling back
feel like, give up, insist on,
keep on, put off, what/how about,
have difficulty/trouble (in),
be worth, be busy,
be/get/become used to,
look forward to, get down to,
refer to, pay attention to,
object to, prefer …to…, etc.
1) remember, forget, regret
I remember reading the article last year.
I must remember to read the article
I forgot locking the door, so I went back
to make sure.
The door is open. I forgot to lock it.
I regretted telling him the truth.
I regret to tell you the sad news.
2) go on, stop, try, mean
A. Let’s go on doing the experiment.
After reading a letter, he went on to
B. They stopped to rest.
They stopped resting and went on
C. I’ll try to improve my English.
Try washing your eye with water if
something enters it.
D. I didn’t mean to hurt you.
Waving one’s hand means saying
3) need, want, require作“需要”
The windows need cleaning.
= The windows need to be cleaned.
The children want/require/need
= The children want/require/need
to be cared for
afford, care, choose, dare,
wish, elect, engage(从
事),fail,plan, expect, manage,
offer, order,prepare, refuse,
pretend, promise, set out(开始),
Fill in the gaps with the given verbs in their
1. He prefers ___________ (watch) TV to
__________ (go) to the cinema.
to go shopping
2. Did Nancy agree _______(go) __________
(shop) with you?
3. I asked them _________(keep) quiet, but
they still kept ________(talk).
not to see
4. She pretended _________(not see) me
when I passed by.
5. Have you considered __________(write)
him a letter?
to have seen
6. I hoped _______________(see) you off
yesterday, but I was told to attend a meeting.
7. Do you mind my _______(sit) here?
8. Finally they gave up _________( rescue)
the buried people.
9. Seeing the snake, she couldn’t help _____
10. He desired nothing but ________(sleep).
Do you hear someone calling you? 在进行
Yes. I heard him call me several times. 结束
You hear your name called several times.
He got his bedroom painted first. 被动,结束
He had some workers paint his bedroom
He had the workers painting his bedroom
all day long.
1. He found a wallet _______(lie) on the box.
2. I found her _________(change) a lot.
3. Tom was made ________(clean) the door.
4. A young mother is watching her little son
_________(play) on her bed.
5.They had the fire burning
whole night as the temperature was below
6. With the bridge ________ (damage), they
had no choice but ________(swim) across
7. I saw a mouse ______(enter) the garage,
______(climb) onto a shelf and ________
(begin) to bite a wooden tool.
8. A liar cannot make himself __________
9. Last night I had my motorbike ______
10. A shop assistant caught Tom ________
( put) some biscuits into his pocket.
11. Don’t keep them ________(wait) for you
long. While being away, keep you door
-ing, P.P 和不定式作定语
A. Look at the sleeping cat.
= Look at the cat which is sleeping.
B. He was seen to stop at a sleeping car.
= He was seen to stop at a car for sleep.
C. This is a picture painted by Xu Beihong.
=This is a picture which was painted by Xu.
D. Goods imported from abroad are not
always better than those made in China.
-ing, P.P 和不定式作定语
E. I want to get something to read during the
She was the first person to think of the idea.
There is no need to worry about us.
Is that the best way to solve the problem?
The conference to take place next month will
probably be a great success.
need, time, way, right, chance, opportunity,
movement, courage, force(权利), reason,
effort, decision, struggle, intention, wish, etc.
e.g. They had no chance to go to school in
There is not a moment to lose.
We must have the courage to overcome any
She expressed her wish to become an actress.
1) The park being repaired at present is said
to be a well-known one.
2) The park repaired last month is said to be a
3) The park to be repaired next month is said
to be a well-known one.
4) The topic being discussed (discuss)now is
an important one.
5) The topic _________(discuss) just now has
something to do with Mr Hao.
1. Anyone ________(fish) in this lake will
2. The girl _______(dress) in blue is Mary.
3. The road ________(join) the two villages
was built by the villagers.
4. The experts _________(attend) the
conference will arrive at 6p.m.
5. The card ________(post) yesterday will
reach her tomorrow.
6. The patient ___________ (operate) on
now is a friend of mine.
7. Jack was the last __________(arrive).
-ing, P.P. 和不定式作状语的区别
A. –ing & P.P.作状语, 多表示动作或状态
发生的时间, 原因, 条件, 方式或伴随, 结果,
1.惯用法: too…to…, so…as to…, enough
to…, only / never to…(结果没想到或失望 )
1) What have I said to make you so excited?
2) Song Meiling lived to be 106.
3) The curtain parted, to reveal a market
□不定式表示原因, 主要用在一些 作表语
1. We are glad/sorry/pleased/happy to hear
2. She was surprised to find a lion beside
3. They are anxious to take part in the
4. Chinese is hard for a foreigner to learn.
5. Mr Li is easy to get along with.
easy，difficult， hard， pleasant，
happy, glad, delighted, pleased, sorry, eager,
anxious, willing, lucky, fortunate,
unfortunate, proud, angry, surprised,
frightened, disappointed, ready, careful,
foolish, clever, etc.
________(hear) the sad news, they
couldn’t help crying.
______(be) very angry, she couldn’t go
3. He soon fell asleep, _______(tire) from
______(keep) in fridge, the drug should
remain effective for at least three months.
5. The woman lay in bed, ________(listen)
to the rushing winds.
________(work) this way, they greatly
reduced the cost.
7. They ran over ___________(welcome) us.
8. We must do all we can________(help)him.
9. __________(avoid) an accident, every
driver should drive at a normal speed.
10. She swung the leg of pork so as _____
________ (attract) the lion’s attention.
11. We found the room not big enough ____to
______(hold) so many people.
12. He made a long speech only __________
(show) his ignorance(无知) of the subject.
Having been given
13. ________________(give) such a good
chance, how could she let it slip away?