Word 2007 - Tutorial 3 Tutorial Project
Data Files needed for the Tutorial Project:
Amy Wu is a program manager at Youth Alive, a non-profit organization working to prevent violence
among teenagers in Santa Clara County. Youth Alive is applying for funding to continue their Positive
Alternatives program, one of the few programs in the county to work with teen girls who are incarcerated.
Amy asks you to format her grant proposal.
1. Open the file Proposal and save the file as Last Name Proposal (replace “Last Name” with your last
2. Display the rulers and nonprinting characters and make sure the document is displayed in print layout
3. Format “Statement of Work” using the Book Title Quick Style.
4. Format the document headings using Heading 5 Quick Style. (There are 5 document headings: “Local
Project Need,” “Overall Program Goal,” “Program Objectives,” “Project Timeline,” “Staffing”.)
5. In the first paragraph, move the insertion point to the end of the fourth sentence (beginning with
“According to the Search Institute…”), and then insert the following footnote:
The Asset Approach: Giving Kids What They Need to Succeed. (1997). Search Institute,
6. Move the insertion point to the end of the first sentence in the third paragraph (Furthermore, the
National Center for Mental Health…), and then insert the following footnote:
National Center for Mental Health and Juvenile Justice. (July, 2003). Research and Program
7. Enter a manual page break before the “Program Objectives” heading. Format the five sentences that
follow as a numbered list.
8. Below the “Project Timeline” header, insert a tab after each date and before the task description. Select
the list of dates and tasks and then insert a left tab stop 2 inches from the left margin.
9. Insert a table under the heading “Staffing”. Enter the following column headers and data.
Name Title Education
Amy Wu Program Manager, Positive MSW, San Jose State University
Sandy Gonzalez Program Counselor BA, UC San Diego
Bianca Stone Program Counselor AA, De Anza College
10. Resize the columns to accommodate the widest entries. Format the table using the Light List Accent 4
Style. Select the Header Row, Banded Rows, and Banded Column options.
11. Create a header with the Annual Style, and verify that Funding Proposal appears as the title. Select
the current year for the year. Insert the page number in the bottom right of the page using the Plain
Number 3 Style. Select the option for Different First Page.
12. Insert a cover page using the Stacks Style. Enter Funding Proposal as the title, Positive Alternatives
as the subtitle, and Amy Wu as the author.
13. Save and preview the document. Submit the document to your instructor in TalonNet, in printed or
electronic form, as requested.
1 of 1