ENERGY CONSERVATION !
Are you an energy hog ?
Can you answer yes to any of the
Do you ?
• Leave the lights on in a room you are not in.
• Leave your A/C on and windows open.
• Have the stereo & the TV on together.
• Let the water run down the drain until it gets
• Leave your sprinklers on until water runs down
• Run the dishwasher half empty.
DID YOU ANSWER YES ?
85 % of Americans are
guilty of wasting energy.
We have become a “Throw
it away society”.
This causes us to waste
Your ceramic mug is
a miniature “power
Using one conserves
the energy it would
take to manufacture
500 paper cups a
HOW MUCH DO YOU SPEND ON
How much are you spending to
run your appliances ?
Answering Machine .82 cents per month
Air Conditioner ( 3-ton air ) .34 cents per hour
Dryer ( electric ) .35 cents per load
Dryer ( gas ) .14 cents per load
Freezer (frost-free ) $ 11.00 per month
Water Heater ( electric ) $ 34.00 per month
Water Heater ( gas ) $ 14.00 per month
Washer (electric ) .21 cents per load
Washer ( gas ) .08 cents per load
Television 1.5 cents per hour
Saving energy takes many forms.
Did you know ?
If each of the 7,322,564
residents of New York
City turned off their
faucets while brushing
their teeth,enough water
would be saved in one
day to fill a 7 1/2 million
gallon tank as tall as the
statue of liberty.
Repair leaky faucets promptly.
• A dripping faucet can waste up to 20 gallons a
Clean coils cost less.
• Check the condenser coils on your refrigerator
twice a year & keep them clean.
Insulate your home.
• Adequate insulation will keep your home
warmer in the winter & cooler in the summer.
Clear the air & save energy.
• To ensure proper operation, clean or replace
filters regularly on furnaces & air conditioners.
Come out of the dark .
• Switch to fluorescent lights.
• They are 3 to 4 times more efficient than
incandesents & last 10 times longer.
ENERGY CONVERSATION ! ! !
SAVE THE WORLD FOR THE NEXT GENERATION !