IRS Form 2290 Schedule 1
• Tax payer must file schedule 1 along with form 2290 to the IRS. IRS will return the
schedule 1 with IRS Electronic watermark with a timestamp.
• To report all vehicles for which you are reporting tax (including an increase in taxable
gross weight) and those that you are reporting suspension of the tax by category and
vehicle identification number (VIN).
• Proof of payment for state registration. Generally, states will require verification of
payment of the tax for any taxable vehicle before they will register the vehicle.
• Use the stamped copy of Schedule 1 as proof of payment when:
◦ Registering vehicles with the state, or
◦ Entering a Canadian or Mexican vehicle into the United states