• Live in water
• Most have scales and fins
• Use their fins to move through the
• Use gills to breathe
• Hatch from eggs laid in water
• When young, they look like fish and have
gills like fish.
• They grow legs.
• Gills are replaced by lungs.
• They can live on land when older.
• They can stay underwater for a long time.
• Frogs, toads, salamanders, and newts are
• Have scales
• Lay eggs with leathery shells
• Most live all their life on land
• Lay their eggs on land
• Lizards, snakes, turtles, and
crocodiles are examples.
• Have wings and beaks
• Are the only animals that have
• Lay eggs with shells
• Use their wings to fly
• Have fur or hair
• Give birth to live babies
• Have only a few babies at a time
• The female feeds the young milk
from her body
• The young are taken care of for a
• Humans, dogs, horses, cows are