Name ________________ Date__________
SMT 80 Chapter 2 Quiz - Contamination
1. The smallest particle the human eye can see is:
a. .18 microns
b. .25 microns
c. 5 microns
d. 50 microns
2. Class One clean room air quality is defined as having:
a. No more than 1 particle 1 micron or greater in size in 1 ft3 of air
b. No more than 1 particle 0.5 microns or greater in size in 1 ft3 of air
c. No more than 1 particle 1 micron or greater in size in 1 mtr3 of air
d. No more than 1 particle 5 microns or greater in size in 1 mtr3 of air
3. The service chase in a clean room is cleaner than the process bay.
4. The service chase in a class one clean room is usually class 100.
5. A contaminant is defined as a particulate larger than ____ feature size.
b. 10 times
c. 100 times
6. A MIC is:
a. a metal ionic particle
b. a contaminant
c. a harmless particle
d. not capable of changing the resistivity of a device
7. Chemical contaminates can produce undesirable etching on a wafer.
8. Bacteria contaminates:
a. are contaminates that grow in the water
b. may result from water not being cleaned regularly
c. result in particulate contaminant
d. all of the above
e. a and b only
9. Static Charge is considered a contamination source.
10. Air quality is designated by the number of particles .5 microns or greater in a cubic foot of air
11. Air showers are a cost effective method for air quality improvement.
12.The highest grade of Chemical available today is;
a. Industry grade
b. Electronics Grade
c. Semiconductor Grade
d. Commercial Grade
13. Static charges on wafer boats can reach as high as 50, 000 volts in a fab area.
14. The most effective clean room strategy is the tunnel design.
15.The earliest clean room design was:
a. Tunnel design
b. Total clean room strategy
c. Clean Work station
d. Mini- environment
Complete the below diagram with the appropriate names for a total clean room:
16. ________________ a. Make up air
17.________________ b. Chase
18.________________ c. Recirculating Air Handler
19.________________ d. Process Bay
20.________________ e. Hepa Filters
Sub Fab area