Unit 38: Understanding Business Ethics
M2 – Assess the social implications of business ethics facing a selected
business in its different areas of activity
Choose some issues from the areas of activity from this list:
ethics in finance – bribery, executive pay, insider trading, lobbying
ethics in human resource management – discrimination, worker surveillance
ethics in production – animal testing, GM foodstuffs, planned obsolescence
ethics in sales and marketing – spamming, shills, product placement, green
ethics in intellectual property – software piracy, counterfeiting, peer to peer
1. How might they deal with or implement (put in place) the issue?
2. What might the problems be of implementing (putting in place) or
dealing with the issue?
3. What will be the advantages of implementing or dealing with the
4. Assess how it might affect the consumer.
5. Assess how it might affect the employees.
6. If they do not address the issue, what are the legal consequences on the