ONE person question
1. What holds type of fibrous connective tissue holds bone to bone?
2. How many chambers does an adult heart of a member in the class osteichthyes have?
3. Give an example of an agnatha member.
4. Which class of the phylum chordata has hollow bones?
5. What type of muscle tissue is involuntary and lines tubes in the body?
6. What type of connective tissue holds excess fat?
7. What is the cavity above the diaphragm?
8. What are the three parts of a neuron?
9. What cells support the neurons and feed them?
10. What hormone conserves water in the kidneys?
11. What hormone lowers blood calcium levels?
12. What gland releases calcitonin?
13. What gland has alpha and beta cells?
14. What exocrine gland makes bile?
15. What type of diabetes occurs in people over 40 generally?
16. What ion is pumped in by the sodium potassium pump?
17. How many potassium are pumped using an ATP by the sodium potassium pump?
18. What ion helps release the neurotransmitters?
19. What part of the brain is responsible for balance
20. What part of the brain is responsible for interpreting the senses?
21. What part of the brain is responsible for involuntary actions?
22. What type of neuron goes toward the central nervous system?
23. What is the term for the phase when the threshold is met and Na+ ions rush into a neuron?
24. What cells insulate a neuron?
25. What is the space between two neurons?
26. What type of muscle is voluntary?
27. What type of tissue is cartilage?
28. What class of vertebrates have one way air flow in their respiratory system?
29. What class of vertebrates have countercurrent exchange for their resp. system?
30. What is the term for a bundle of neurons wrapped in connective tissue?
If needed:::: What is the term for a muscle cell?
1. What are the seven classes of chordata?
2. What are the two fibers that allow a muscle to contract?
3. What protein blocks the bond between the thick filaments and thin filament?
4. What part of the brain is the screening center for unimportant messages?
5. What gland is responsible for producing FSH
6. What do tropic hormones stimulate?
7. What are the three major gonadal hormones?
8. What gland makes melatonin?
9. What is the difference between pheremones and hormones?
10. What are the flat epithelial cells called?
1. 1. What are the four components of blood?
2. What four classes of vertebrates have scales of some kind?
3. What classes of vertebrates are ectotherms?
4. What classes of vertebrates usually or always have an amniotic egg?
5. What membrane in the amniotic egg is responsible for holding food?
6. What membrane in the amniotic egg is responsible for protection of the embryo?
7. What are the two parts of the autonomic nervous system?
8. What type of receptors are used for hearing?
9. What does gustatory mean?
10. What type of receptors are used for the gustatory sense?
11. What hormone raises the blood glucose levels?
12. What hormone raises the metabolism?
13. What hormone maintains milk production?
14. Where is the adrenal gland located?
15. Where is the thyroid gland located?
16. What gland is the master gland?
17. What holds the neurotransmitters before they are released?
18. What ion moves across the membrane during hyperpolarization?
19. What is the period called where the neuron is returning to resting potential?
20. What returns the neuron to resting potential from the refractory period?
21. How many sodiums are pumped by the Na/K pump?
22. What is the term for maintaining the internal environment in an organism?
23. What kind of hormones cannot enter a cell?
24. What part of the neuron has the nucleus?
25. What is the cumulative total of the schwann cells referred to as?
26. What are the spaces between schwann cells called?
27. Motor neurons generally stimulate what two kinds of organs?
28. What are leukocytes?
29. What is carried by the erythrocytes?
30. What is the function of platelets?
31. What kind of hormones can enter a cell?
32. What is the thick filament in a sarcomere?
1. what molecule covers the scales of reptiles and birds along with the skin of mammals to protect from water loss?
2. What are the three phases of an impulse in a neuron?
3. What is the most common protein in the human body?
4. What are tall rectangular epithelial cells in stacks called?
5. What neurotransmitter is found at neuromuscular junctions?
6. What is the voluntary nervous system called?
7. What are four polysaccharides of glucose?
8. what protein does the calcium bind to in the process of allowing myosin and actin to bind?
9. What is the term for the ER in the muscle and what ion does it release?
10. what is an IPSP?
11. What gland makes androgens?
12. Where would you find the islets of langerhaans?
13. what hormone is made by alpha cells?
14. What hormone triggers growth factors to be made?
15. What is held in the lacuna?
16. What type of muscle fiber is branched?
17. What is the term in a negative feedback system for the normal levels?
18. What are the hierarchal levels of organization of animals from a cell to an organism?
19. what part of the eye allows light to enter?
20. What clear part of the eye protects the eye?
21. What is the colored part of the eye?
22. What type of organ is related to the tympanic membrane
1. What are the lines at the ends of a sarcomere called?
2. What is the term for the appearance of bands in skeletal muscle due to the sarcomere subdivisions?
3. What is the disease when there is not enough calcium in your diet over extended periods of time?
4. What hormone takes calcium out of the bone?
5. which muscles have more endurance in birds (dark meat or white meat?)
6. What is the term for the loose connected nerve network in Cnidarians and starfish?
7. What phylum do we belong to?
8. What class of vertebrates use ram ventilation to get their oxygen?
9. What is the term for a concentration of sensory organs at the anterior end (head) of an organism?
10. What is another name for the tympanic membrane?
11. What is one second messenger?
12. What type of hormones need second messengers?
13. What macromolecule type would the neurotransmitter receptors be on the postsynaptic membrane?
14. What do vitamins do?
15. Are minerals organic or inorganic?
16. What type of diabetes is insulin dependent?