I.Title: Picket Fence Free Fall
A. Research Question;
(1) What does a displacement as a function of time falling tell you about an object in free fall?
(2) What does a velocity as a function of time falling tell you about an object in free fall?
(3) What does acceleration as a function of time falling tell you about an object in free fall?
(4) What is the acceleration due to gravity in Stowe Vermont?
III. Method: Use a labeled diagram to describe the procedure.
IV. Results: see next page
V. CALCULATIONS / Conclusions:
1. Complete a table of calculations showing the displacement, time elapsed, average
velocity, average time associated with the velocity, average acceleration vs. average time
asscociated with the acceleration using excel.
2. Calculate the average acceleration from all of your calculated values of
3. Using excel or data studio generate position as a function of time graph, velocity as a function of
time graph, and acceleration as a function of time graph.
4. Answer the research questions.
Use the spreadsheet found in Groups AP 1011
Velocity Elasped Acceleration
at time time at time =
Change = between (Velocity at
Position in Elasped Velocity (t2+t1)/2 velocity Acceleration time t1 +
Time (s) velocity in 2
(m) position time(s) (m/s) in (s) calculations m/s velocity at
(m) refer to (refer to time t 2) /2
column column F) (Refer to
A (s) column F)