KIDS INCORPORATED OF THE BIG BEND
JOB TITLE: REPORTS TO:
General Ledger Accountant CFO
NON-EXEMPT CENTRAL OFFICE
DEPARTMENT: DATE PREPARED:
FINANCE JANUARY 31,2012
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITES: None
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting plus two years of experience, preferably in a nonprofit
environment. Associate degree in accounting plus four years of relevant and successful
experience as a GL accountant in a nonprofit environment may substitute for bachelor’s
STATEMENT OF THE JOB
Responsible for ensuring business transactions have been properly accounted for and
accurately reflect the agency's accounting process. The responsibilities include financial account
analysis, month-end closing, research, the reconciliation of material financial statement
accounts and recording monthly journal entries into the general ledger system. Insure account
activity is in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and in compliance with
Federal Cost Principles and relevant literature for grants administration. In addition is
responsible for recording and maintaining the asset and inventory ledger system.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Maintain general ledger and related reconciliations in a nonprofit environment via the agency’s
Grants Management System (GMS) software ensuring compliance and allowability of costs
under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer.
Operations & A/P Specialist 1
1. Analyzes transaction data for specific account codes for the purpose of identifying
potential budget variances ascertaining conforming to established financial practices
and regulatory requirements.
2. Perform bank account transfers as directed by CFO
3. Prepares and post cash receipts
4. Review Accounts Payable batches prepared by the A/P Specialist
5. Review the corporate credit card journal entries and supporting documentation
prepared by A/P Accountant
6. Review vendor activity to ensure all monthly invoices have been received and processed
7. Review contract obligations to ensure all contract invoices have been received and
8. Perform the operating cash account reconciliation and related journal entries
9. Record the release from restrictions revenue journal entry
10. Record Federal grant revenue journal entry and related grant receivable
11. Prepare month end reoccurring journal entries.
12. Perform various account reconciliations and work to resolve any discrepancies
13. Other duties / special projects as assigned
14. Assist in budget process for the purpose of ensuring compliance with all standards.
15. Maintain spreadsheet for the purpose of ensuring cash balances are managed on a
16. Monitors receipt of all State and Federal funding to the general ledger for the purpose
of ensuring the accuracy of reported information, availability of funds, and compliance
with established financial guidelines and program policies, practices and regulatoryr
I fully understand that this job description is not intended to be a contract for employment, and
that the employer reserves the right to make any necessary revisions to the job descriptions at
any time without notice.
My supervisor has afforded me a one on one review of my job description. I fully understand
the duties and responsibilities of the job and my supervisor’s expectations where this job is
concerned. I am able to perform all duties as outlines.
Employee’s Signature Date
Supervisor’s Signature Date
Operations & A/P Specialist 2