Quiz, Pages 49-92
Ingroups of four, use a piece of
construction paper to write down
(neatly) in different color pens five
important things that happened in
Speak on the following pages .
Group 1: 49-57 Group 3: 67-75
Group 2: 58-66 Group 4: 76-84
Group 5: 85-92
Questions 1-3 (of 10)
1. What were the results of the
mascot naming election?
2. How does Melinda describe
herself in relation to her
3. What was Melinda going to tell
her mom and dad “right then and
there,” and what motivated her
to consider telling them?
Questions 4-6 (of 10)
4. Why does Melinda’s dad get angry
with her when she is sealing
envelopes in his office?
5. When Ms. Connors meets with
Melinda, she gives her a print-out of
her report card. What is her GPA,
and what is the underlying reason
for her grades?
6. How does Melinda describe Mr.
Freeman’s room and rules?
Questions 7-9 (of 10)
7. To what is Melinda referring when she
thinks to herself, “I’ll need brain
surgery to cut it out of my head”?
8. Who is IT referring to when he passes
by Melinda and says, “Freshmeat,” and
why does IT cause her to feel
9. What did Melinda do to herself that
causes her mom to engage in “tough
Question 10 (of 10)
10. Whatis IT’s full name, and
when he twirls Melinda’s
ponytail in his
did she react?